• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ericsson LPE200

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CSE

Can this radio be "flashed" for p25 operation....I know its a 800mgz radio edacs...just checking ....found some cheap...maybe used for something else?...

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I *don't* think the LPE will do P25, but I could be wrong. If it can... you can bet it won't be cheap.

KC0CSE

I *don't* think the LPE will do P25, but I could be wrong. If it can... you can bet it won't be cheap.

I thought maybe they could be...the city is still on 800mgz but they are digital now...Im a ham and should know this...Im still doing some checking via the web...thanks..the radios they have now are the same looking radio though...

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Do you know for sure they are P25 though? Just because they went digital doesn't always mean P25. Given they already have those radios they very well could be ProVoice.

KC0CSE

yes I know for sure...they are P25 MARRS now .....I hate the siginal that it puts out...to much distortion simulcast and all.....I have a PRO 106 & PRO 197 scanners...they do ok .....analog was much much better....I miss it....

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ah OK... You sure they are LPE200's? Those radios have long been replaced by Jaguar 7xxx's and 5xxx's. As solid as the LPE's were, it seems odd they would upgrade and use an older radio like that.

KC0CSE

go to e-bay and type in Ericsson LPE 200....should show you the units....there in KC...should say former KCPD radios

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
Cant say iv ever herd of a LPE200 that is P25. Just AEGIS and Provoice
I found that ebay listing and says that KCPD system was 800mhz and is dissabled now
Ask the guy what the feature options are in it and that will tell you for sure.
If it does somehow have option 39 then 5 bucks. sweet lord dont let that get away from you

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've owned more than 1 LPE over the years (as well as Jag's, MPA's & MRK's)... I'm pretty familiar with that they look like.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Just checked Kansas state for edacs systems. Seems to be 3 or 4 that are 800mhz but analog. And one UHF system that is mixed analog and provoice.

The P25 system your talking about has a few 700mhz control and voice channels. So the LPE wouldnt work on that system either way. It dont have the board to make it work and i dont think they ever made a 7/800mhz LPE

KC0CSE

Just checked Kansas state for edacs systems. Seems to be 3 or 4 that are 800mhz but analog. And one UHF system that is mixed analog and provoice.

The P25 system your talking about has a few 700mhz control and voice channels. So the LPE wouldnt work on that system either way. It dont have the board to make it work and i dont think they ever made a 7/800mhz LPE

Missouri is the state....not Kansas....anyway it looks like it may not work to re-flash...thanks MIKE

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
The LPE-200 will not do P-25. The radio can do Provoice but needs to have the provoice board installed and then flashed. Now the 700p and the newer radios can do P25 but again you need to make sure they have the right stuff on the inside. Now is you want to drop some cash I think most all of Harris new stuff can be upgraded to whatever. P25, provoice, opensky, so on and so on. Hope this helped

Status
Not open for further replies.