• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XG-15p

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisasterGuy

Information on the Harris XG-15p is now available on the public Harris website. It has been assumed that this was pending debut at IWCE this coming week.

Available in VHF, UHF and 700/800 configurations on analog, P25 conventional, and P25 Phase 1 and 2 Trunking. Clearly a public service grade unit it supports single key DES only for encryption and is limited to 512 systems/groups.

XG-15P

gesucks

Premium Subscriber
Why would they make a radio that supports only DES and not AES?!?! If you only did one, pick the one that is the current standard. The development of putting in AES vs DES is almost zero

DisasterGuy

Harris gives single key DES away for free (its a $0.01 option). The point is that it isnt a public safety radio. This is much like Moto offering ADP on the low tiers but not AES.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
I think this is a great make idea by Harris. My only question is.. When they say budget friendly, how much does this radio go for? In reality

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Harris's ProGrammer ( software) is less expensive MSRP then the radio. Always gauge price of software vs radio. If the radio is cheaper then software then it's in a affordable range. Also can we see an actual quote from harris. On their website they say 3 figure sum. Exactly what is the sum total?

DisasterGuy

So with Moto APX CPS priced around $350 than the APX 1000 isnt affordable because it is more expensive than the CPS? Your statement carries no logic. Find me a quality public service grade P25 TDMA portable for $350 and I will have an order ready for around 700 of them immediately.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
You most certainly can use ProGrammer to program all current Harris Radios. Harris just has updated software which is updated called Radio Personality Manager ( RPM) which gives you added benefits of OTAR/OTAP.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
You most certainly can use ProGrammer to program all current Harris Radios. Harris just has updated software which is updated called Radio Personality Manager ( RPM) which gives you added benefits of OTAR/OTAP.

Huh? Programmer is missing a lot of features that only RPM can do... Phase 2 for example. RPM and Programmer are very different. The Unity, for example, can not be programmed with Programmer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DisasterGuy

Programmer will not do the P5400, 5500, 7200, 7300 any XG radio, anything with an OMAP processor or any radio running XGP. It is provided with RPM as a legacy programming tool for those radios not supported by RPM (MRK, 500m etc).

harrisradios

Programmer will not do the P5400, 5500, 7200, 7300 any XG radio, anything with an OMAP processor or any radio running XGP. It is provided with RPM as a legacy programming tool for those radios not supported by RPM (MRK, 500m etc).

DisasterGuy is absolutely correct! I could not have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.