RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum

Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum - For general discussion of MA/COM EDACS and ProVoice systems, including equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2017, 11:05 PM

Default M5300 speaker configuration

It's time for me to get a new car, so I've removed my M5300 from my existing car in order to prepare it for trade-in.

The configuration of the system as it was installed in the car was:

M5300 with system control head, installed in the trunk. with a remote system control head
installed in the dash, with this head actually being the one that is used.

Everything worked perfectly.

Now that I've taken the radio out, I want to temporarily use it off a power supply in the house,
for use as a base station scanner. I have disconnected the external control head as I do not
need it. But in this configuration, I'm not getting any audio out of the speaker.

I know there's an audio routing setting SOMEWHERE in RPM that controls this but I have not
yet been able to find it.

Yes, I do have the termination plug installed on the extra CAN connector.

If anyone knows where the magic speaker audio routing setting can be found in RPM, please let me know.
Old 05-21-2017, 9:03 AM

So you now have a dash mount, not remote mount configuration. What is the speaker connected to? In a remote mount the speaker connects to a CAN like connector on the back of the head. On a dash mount configuration the speaker requires an option cable to the DB44 on the rear of the radio.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2017, 9:19 AM

Ah, that explains it. I thought the speaker would still connect to the CAN connector on the back of the radio unit. That would be LOGICAL.

But this is a Harris radio, so things that are LOGICAL are not always the way that they do it.

I rather doubt I have that speaker adapter but I can probably cook one up. Especially if I knew which pin numbers are the relevant ones.