RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum

Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum - For general discussion of MA/COM EDACS and ProVoice systems, including equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2017, 1:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default P5100

Can anybody tell me any thing about model # MAHM-S8RXX Tried to google but cant come with anything yet.
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2017, 2:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo236 View Post
Can anybody tell me any thing about model # MAHM-S8RXX Tried to google but cant come with anything yet.
What do you want to know about it? Nice radio.. but coming to end of life..you would be better with a P5400
Old 05-29-2017, 3:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

What the model break down is ? edacs? provoice? etc
Old 05-29-2017, 6:22 PM

There is no way to know that based on the information you provided. You would need to enable the feature menu and then read the feature codes. The only thing we can tell you is that it will not support encryption.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2017, 6:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

So is it uhf? 800? I'm not an ma-com guy.
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2017, 6:57 PM

Should be 800

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2017, 1:36 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Location: Nowhere near a paved road, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reo236 View Post
MAHM-S8RXX

"MAHM-"...P5100 Portable Radio
"S".......SCAN MODEL RADIO
"8".......806-870 MHz
"R".......???
"XX"......UNENCRYPTED

P5100 model number breakdown Sorted by the "Catalog Order Option" Number:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIGITS 1 TO 4...MODEL RADIO.....MAHM-.............P5100 SERIES RADIO...................
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DIGIT 5........KEYPAD STYLE..........L............SELECT MODEL RADIO...................
.....................................S............ SCAN MODEL RADIO.....................
DIGIT 6........BANDSPLIT..............H...........136-174 MHz..........................
......................................N........... 378-430 MHz..........................
......................................U........... 450-512 MHz..........................
......................................8........... 806-870 MHz..........................
DIGIT 7........FORMAT..................D..........EDACS. ...............................
.......................................P.......... PROVOICE EDACS.......................
.......................................T.......... P-25 TRUNKING........................
.......................................V.......... P-25 CONVENTIONAL....................
DIGITS 8 TO 9...ENCRYPTION..............XX........UNENCRYPTED. .........................

Last edited by kb4cvn; 06-03-2017 at 8:38 PM..