RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum

Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum - For general discussion of MA/COM EDACS and ProVoice systems, including equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 10:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Macom P7100 Programming issue

Help please, How do I put a P7100ip into programming mode? It has been some time since I last did one I forgot. This is for a non EDACS radio.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:12 PM

Ptt and both side buttons while powering on

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 7:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterGuy View Post
Ptt and both side buttons while powering on

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I did that as well but I hit a road block it reads Key Zero
Old 06-20-2017, 7:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PTT, both side buttons + pwoer on is correct. Make SURE you are pressing all three buttons at the same time. It takes some practice (think Vulcan mind meld!).
Old 06-20-2017, 7:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by com501 View Post
PTT, both side buttons + pwoer on is correct. Make SURE you are pressing all three buttons at the same time. It takes some practice (think Vulcan mind meld!).

Still no go lol all three pushed and its on
Sponsored links
Old 06-21-2017, 9:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The P7100 should put itself in to program mode if the cable is connected when you power it up.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:39 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Location: Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening world.

If you hold the two round side buttons, this is the KEY ZEROIZE function to dump the crypto keys in the radio.

If you are seeing this when trying to program the radio, you are not getting the PTT button depressed fully. This is either a pressure issue (not enough !) or a bad PTT button or button flex. The button flex was an problem on early model radios. (I personally have eight radios with this issue !) There is a repair kit or just swap the front cover.

In older flashcode, you had to hold all three buttons on power-up until you got a black fully-pixled screen. In later code when programming, you only needed to have a programming cable attached and hold the two round buttons on power-up until the display said PROGRAM.

NONE OF THE LATER PORTABLE RADIOS STARTING WITH THE J700p WILL GO INTO PROGRAM MODE just by powering-up with a program cable attached. That was a M-RK Series function and ended with that era.
Old 06-21-2017, 4:41 PM

All my P7100/5100 radios go into programming mode after you have the cable connected and the radio is turned on and then hit the program button icon in the software.No 3 key hold required to put the radio into programming mode unless updating the radio firmware or DSP, when prompted during the update process.

You have to have the more recent firmware and DSP in the radio.Older code requires the 3 key press to get into programming mode.
Old 06-29-2017, 3:23 PM

As far as I know, you don't need to put radio into "program" mode for programming channels/system. If you ready want to force radio to "program" mode. You can assign a "program" menu option on your "programmable menus". After you'v done that, simply navigate to that "program" on your radio menu and push M button.
Old 06-29-2017, 4:52 PM

You have to put a P7100/5100 radio in programming mode if the radio is using any DSP code older than J2R18.

I've actually tried adding the Program function into the radio menu of a P7100/5100 with DSP code J2R18 and it does absolutely nothing,but give you a "boop" tone.