RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum

Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum - For general discussion of MA/COM EDACS and ProVoice systems, including equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2017, 3:53 PM

Default Harris M7300 dual control head configuration

So I've reinstalled my M7300 in a vehicle. System configuration is an M7300 mobile radio with
CH721 control head (system model) in the rear of the vehicle, connected via CAN cable to a front mounted
CH721 control head. (Also a system model)

It's been some time since I removed this system from my previous vehicle. And even longer, by several
years, since I originally set it up.

I've reprogrammed the M7300 recently, separately, to update system information.

Now that the radio is back in a mobile installation, I haven't been able to get any audio out of it yet.

I've got the speaker plugged into the speaker port on the back of the remote control head. I'm pretty sure
that's how it was configured before.

If anyone knows of a guide to configuring an M5300/M7300 dual control head setup, or knows what tricks
need to be done to make it work, would you please give me some pointers?

I got it to work years ago. I suspect I could do it again. But maybe getting a little help will yield faster results.
Old 08-31-2017, 6:57 PM

I found that the audio connector pins in the adapter cable had been pushed back by pulling on the cable. An easy fix. Those pins apparently are retained in the connector body by friction alone.