• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Key Loading A Harris P7200

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

I have a couple of P7200's with the DES feature that I'd like to make compatible with my Moto's.
I'm not very familiar with Harris radios and I have a couple of questions:

1- RPM indicates single key DES (in RPM) can work with the P7200. If I write a personality with single key DES set and configured the radio boots with the key symbol showing, but says 'No Key' when I go to test. Can single key DES work with a P7200?

2- Is it possible to load keys to the P7200 with a Moto KVL 3000?

If it turns out I need the Harris key loading software I'll scrap this idea.

snoopyII

Unless you have feature 53 enabled you wont be able to use single key DES. No- you cant keyload with a KVL. Yes - you need the Harris key loading software. Let the idea shredding begin.

RayAir

OK, I'll just use the radios for ProVoice then.

Just wondering if feature 53 could be ordered for the 7200, any idea on the cost?

Thank you for the info.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Speaking of keyloading... here's a weird issue I've run across. I had 2 P7100's with option 14 that I was wanting to keyload to talk to my XG-75. The radios were flashed with the proper encryption enabled DSP and I added Key Load to the menu options. However when going thru the menu and hitting Key Load, both radios just dump out of the menu and go back to whatever channel they are sitting on (instead of coming up with 'Keyload Idle' and waiting for KeyAdmin to fire across the key).

Anyone else experienced anything like that? I messed with it for a while and eventually just gave up...

smackdaddy

Speaking of keyloading... here's a weird issue I've run across. I had 2 P7100's with option 14 that I was wanting to keyload to talk to my XG-75. The radios were flashed with the proper encryption enabled DSP and I added Key Load to the menu options. However when going thru the menu and hitting Key Load, both radios just dump out of the menu and go back to whatever channel they are sitting on (instead of coming up with 'Keyload Idle' and waiting for KeyAdmin to fire across the key).

Anyone else experienced anything like that? I messed with it for a while and eventually just gave up...

A few things about the P7100 and keyloading. The keyload menu item is not used. There is a specific cable that puts resistance across two pins to tell the radio to enter keyloading mode. Also depending on the DSP series you may need the old black box key loader. G-series DSP radios need the box. And the box can’t load P25 keys (only Aegis and ProVoice). F-series DSPs use the Windows based keyloader software and can do P25.

SD.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I have a P7300 with single key DES in it and so far I haven't been able to load a key, either. I get a No Key Loaded error. I created a DES key in RPM and I've tried it in both P25 conventional and standard conventional channels and so far no success.

It's a bit annoying. It should not be this difficult.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Does it have current firmware to support single key DES? I've got an XG-75 and I've had no issues using single key.

snoopyII

A few things about the P7100 and keyloading. The keyload menu item is not used. There is a specific cable that puts resistance across two pins to tell the radio to enter keyloading mode. Also depending on the DSP series you may need the old black box key loader. G-series DSP radios need the box. And the box can’t load P25 keys (only Aegis and ProVoice). F-series DSPs use the Windows based keyloader software and can do P25.

SD.

Ah! That's my issue then, I don't have the magic cable. Thanks for the info!!

Yes, thanks for that info! I don't have a magic cable either.

Status
Not open for further replies.