• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CS7000 / M7300 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I recently picked up a CS7000 control station and it's working great thanks to a member here that helped me roll back the firmware.

1) Can the M7300 be set up as dual radio / single control head operation? I have an M7100 dual radio setup and if the M7300 can be dual-radio'd, I'd probably sell the M7100 stuff and stick with the M7300 as it can do Phase II.

2) As far as the CS7000 goes, which jumper needs to be moved to switch the programming port from "Serial A" to "Serial B?" Right now, it is using Serial A, which the USB port. It works, but I'd like to know for future reference.

Thank you!

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
How do you change the volume by using the CH721 control head volume knob?

Also, this CS7000 has the tone board in it, so it has the controls on the left front. The volume knob on the CH721 has no affect at all. Turning the "Remote" off or on does not affect the volume. Is there a way to allow the volume to be controlled from the CH721? All of our CS7000s at work use the volume knob on the CH721 and they are a mixture of remote and local stations.

sbk1982

I recently picked up a CS7000 control station and it's working great thanks to a member here that helped me roll back the firmware.

1) Can the M7300 be set up as dual radio / single control head operation? I have an M7100 dual radio setup and if the M7300 can be dual-radio'd, I'd probably sell the M7100 stuff and stick with the M7300 as it can do Phase II.

2) As far as the CS7000 goes, which jumper needs to be moved to switch the programming port from "Serial A" to "Serial B?" Right now, it is using Serial A, which the USB port. It works, but I'd like to know for future reference.

Thank you!

I do not believe the M7300 does dual radio.

Install a jumper on JP5 in order to use the DB9 serial connection instead of the USB.

sbk1982

If I was a betting man I’d go for 1 and 2. Manual doesn’t actually say. I was researching this earlier this week coincidentally. I stuck with using the USB connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Scott,
What is wrong is the radio's volume is set to FIXED.

Taken from Page 54 of the Installation Manual for the CS7000 (MM-014714-001, Rev. R, CS7000 Control Station; Installation Manual):

" ...DO NOT set the mobile radio’s volume to a fixed level in RPM’s Desktop Options
menu. The mobile radio’s volume control shall remain active on Local Control Stations,
and will not affect any audio level settings on Remote Control Stations. "

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I was mistaken about the volume on the stations here at work. They all behave like mine in that the volume is adjusted on the remote controls.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Well, I've grown to like the USB. It seems to be a little faster than the standard serial port.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The jumpers have no affect as to which serial port the CS7000 uses. You have to swap the wiring harnesses on the board. Once I looked at the traces of the board and followed them, there are two plugs. One for Serial A and one for Serial B. The radio was plugged into the board on the Serial A plug (USB), so I swapped it to the plug labeled Serial B and all is well. I didn't mind the USB, but I didn't have a long enough USB cable for my installation.

Still haven't figured out a way to change the volume on the radio instead of having to use the remote volume.

flux4201

Premium Subscriber
You cannot use the volume control on the CH-721 control head when it is in the CS7000 housing. They provide a volume control on the left side of the unit that controls the volume of the local speaker. You should actually leave the volume/on-off control in the off position. If you had the VOIP option board in the CS7000 there is an issue when the VOIP controller board and radio and VOIP remotes boot up, they boot up at different times causing connection issues. Harris recommends the volume/on-off control be in the off position which allows the voip board in the CS7000 to boot up first then the VOIP board powers on the radio via the ignition wire allowing the voip remotes to connect properly.

If you had multiple CH-721's or SP721's (a CH-721 in its own desktop housing with speaker and power supply) connected to the CAN bus your external remote control heads volume controls will work.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Thank you. I'm used to the CS7000s without the remote board. We have a ton of them. I guess I just have to get used to using the remote volume. Now, if I can locate an SP-721, that would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.