RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum

Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum - For general discussion of MA/COM EDACS and ProVoice systems, including equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2017, 9:36 PM

Default XG25p stuck in PERSDATA ERR 500

I have a XG25p I wrote to the radio using RPM10B and it has R02B16 on the radio..I guessing itís not compatible with the software or how you downgrade the Radio or get it back to where it was?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2017, 8:16 AM

RPM should have given you a message indicating incompatible firmware if that was the case.

A persdata error means there's something in the personality that isn't compatible with the firmware in the radio. This can happen if you were to, for example, attempt to stuff a fully featured codeplug from a totally whored-out P7300 into a totally different radio like the XG25 without any edits.

Roll back to the original file the radio came with. You did save it, I hope?

If not, create a new file for that radio from RPM and make it with just a single conventional analog channel and send it to the radio. That should remove the error.

Now you start adding system data which is easy and quick enough with RPM if your sets data is all global. Save and write the radio and check for errors. No errors? Add more. Repeat until you find out what part of the programming causes the problem.

And the features in the radio may give you a clue.

For example, maybe you're trying to enable encryption and that feature's not present.

Or you are trying to put P25 data into the radio without that feature.

Harris radios don't error check like Motorola radios do. Motorola CPS is very grumpy about those things
but it also tells you exactly what the problem is.

But a Harris radio just lets you dump anything into it and then YOU have to figure out why it's not working right.
Old 11-03-2017, 8:41 AM

Yeah gotta put a new personality into the radio. My xg75p did the same thing (months after putting the profile in no less) and when we tried to recover the profile from the radio it kept causing RPM to shutdown. Blasted a new profile in it and it worked just fine. Never did figure out what was wrong in the old profile because we didnít honestly care to because it was only a test profile with a bunch of different things in it
Old 11-03-2017, 8:43 AM

I did blast a new file in it..still didnít like it

Old 11-03-2017, 8:45 AM

Do you know if the new file worked in it before? I guess I left that out. We put back in a profile that was previously known to work on the rwdio
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2017, 8:46 AM

No I just wrote it one from a 7300

Old 11-03-2017, 8:48 AM

Burnapp and bootapp loaded fine..I just need to find a firmware thatís compatible with RPM10B

Old 11-03-2017, 9:23 AM

May just be the wrong version bootapp or XGP code

Old 11-08-2017, 10:01 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Location: Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening world.
Exclamation Harris TSM 39-01: Rev A hardware XG -25P ís will be become inoperative if re-fla

TSM 39-01: Rev A hardware XG-25P’s will be become inoperative if re-flashed with earlier radio firmware.

The XG-25P Rev A portable can be identified by the part numbers shown in Table 1. The radio will be loaded with XLP R03A29 (or later) and BurnApp 13D (or later) as stated in XLP Software Release Notes 14221-1800-8000 Rev J (or later). **DO NOT** reflash this radio to earlier BurnApp or radio firmware. Failure to follow the release notes instructions will cause the radio to become permanently inoperable.

Last edited by kb4cvn; 11-18-2017 at 4:07 PM..
Old 11-08-2017, 10:08 AM

PM me kb4cvn thanks

Old 12-07-2017, 12:34 AM

Still having issues? If so message me, I can load the current code but you will need RPM 14 or RPM2 to program it
Old 12-07-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodfarva View Post
Still having issues? If so message me, I can load the current code but you will need RPM 14 or RPM2 to program it

No itís been done and over with and not losing the ability for RPM 10b thanks anyways