RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum

Harris / MA/COM / GE / Ericsson Forum - For general discussion of MA/COM EDACS and ProVoice systems, including equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2017, 9:07 PM

So I have acquired a 512k Low Band Unit and a couple of 512k 800 units with the Provoice option. I have checked the LBI’s I can find for the “ESN” chip but I am coming up empty.. which specific chip do I need to replace before doing the software acrobatics?

If I want to run DES on Provoice do I specifically need Option 14 or is that a function of the ADI code?

Thanks for all the information so far.. this has been a great learning experience!
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2017, 9:50 PM

Yes you will need 14 in the enabled feature list
Old 12-14-2017, 6:38 PM

Getting closer to tackling this.

So I have a low band 512k Orion, an 800 512k Orion with a Provoice daughter board, and a logic board from an M7100 with DES and Provoice in the feature string. I have read and saved the .dsp file, the .BIN file (OG46410.BIN), the .enc file, and the .Trk file from both physical radios I have and I have a hard copy of the feature string for the M7100 donor board for the ESN chip.

I was also able to download two files from the yahoo group which are the "Group Code 30" files for 256k and 512k radios (OG30300.BIZ and OG30400.BIZ).

I assume that once I do the ESN chip swap with the hot air station, I will go ahead and plug in the provoice daughter board and then use RadioMaint. I think the process for this is to press the "Radio Information" button under the Information and Recovery block to read the new ESN into RadioMaint and then use the "Feature Data Edit" to manually type in the feature string from the donor radio, and then use the "Write Features to Radio" command? Do I need to do anything with tracking data?

I assume I then need to go into Programmer, open my master Personality file with my Provoice channels, and write that to the radio and select the 512k Group Code 30 file and done?

Where does ADI come into this? I never was able to read an ADI file from my radios or find one for Provoice/DES operation.