• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

programming error Harris P7100

Status
Not open for further replies.

penthousedude

Was: OakvilleCub
hello, I am trying to program a harris portable, and get a message that radio not acknowleging check connection etc. I can read a profile in the radio, but not system, ids, freqs etc. I hold down the
3 buttons when i turn it on and I get all black bars. I am using a ribless cable direct to my serial port com port.

I made sure I have the proper port, model number 800 system, etc,

any thoughts?

cheers

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That doesn't make sense... you say you can read the profile but not the info? The info is in the profile. What version of ProGrammer/RPM are you using? Real serial port or USB-Serial adapter? I've found some of my radios are very fussy about what PC I use and what type of serial connection.

penthousedude

programming error

ok,

here we go:

I can read the information from the radio using the "data extractor", but when i try and read the radio I get
"could not intialize radio, make sure radio is in programming mode and the programming box or cable is
connected to the correct port"

I have held down all three buttons when I turned it on and I do get rows of solid black squares so I
believe I am in the programming mode.

I am using the standard serial connection, no rib box needed.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Personality Lock

Secured Personality file, requires Personality Lock, a Cryptocard (smart card) with the correct 256 bit key.

If you go look at the Personality Data Tree, you will see little yellow padlocks on the secured radio systems in the personality.

See image below:

Last edited:

penthousedude

no. i was given the radio and software. i purchased the cable on line. i am yse to motorola stuff. thx

penthousedude

p7100 programming

hey there,

I have version R10B07 (10.2.1.7 )

i was looking how to get into the tree as suggested above, but I don't even see that under view in the

menu bar.

cheers

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I'd imagine that this little glitch was fixed years ago, but once upon a time, if personality lock was enabled, older versions of RPM could still save the file and allow some readability of it IF you made ANY edit to an editable field. Simply changing the name of a single channel, system, or talkgroup then allowed the file to be saved.

When I discovered this I laughed for a while.

It didn't give me full access to all the data in the personality but at least I could save it.

I suspect that glitch was fixed long ago.

penthousedude

i have tried both ways, without holding buttons I do immediately get the "program" word in the radio window
but i still get the error "could not inialize radio"

Status
Not open for further replies.