• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M7100 unit ID scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
I have looked in the help files, but don’t really know where to. When I’m scanning a P25 channel, the unit ID shows. Is there a way to shut it off so I know what channel is being received vs. what unit it talking?

DisasterGuy

I haven't been in RPM 1 in a while however look for Display Options. You can set it to be system line or group line if I recall and also specify toggle behavior of the display.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I’m using programmer, when I go into display setting the only things I can adjust are the backlight and the group line display, but when I select any one of them, it says it will truncate to 7 character (6 characters if I select the dash option).

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
Nope, part of the radio's design protocol to display the transmitting Unit's ID (either raw LID number, or aliased Alpha-Numeric name tag) in EDACS trunking, and P-25 conventional & trunking formats.

The last radios I remember allowing you to disable UNIT ID display were the: MDR, MDX, PCS, Allegra, XPE, EMP,EMM, TNP M-PA, FMD, (Alpha) FMD, M-PA, all of which were EDACS-1 & EDACS-2 era radios.

This image is from the HELP SCREEN page in Radio Programmer....

Attachments

• unit id.jpg
    unit id.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 237

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Nope, part of the radio's design protocol to display the transmitting Unit's ID (either raw LID number, or aliased Alpha-Numeric name tag) in EDACS trunking, and P-25 conventional & trunking formats.

The last radios I remember allowing you to disable UNIT ID display were the: MDR, MDX, PCS, Allegra, XPE, EMP,EMM, TNP M-PA, FMD, (Alpha) FMD, M-PA, all of which were EDACS-1 & EDACS-2 era radios.

This image is from the HELP SCREEN page in Radio Programmer....

That's what I was afraid of. I also noticed that while displaying the unit id in the top line, the bottom line shows "1" Which is what I have set for P25 Group Set (P25 Group Set: P25 CONV/ Group Name: 1 / Group ID: 1) Would it be possible to set these per channel so I can tell at least what channel it is?
Example:
Group Name: Channel 1/ Group ID: 1 - For Channel 1
Group Name: Channel 2/ Group ID: 1 - For Channel 2

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
That's what I was afraid of. I also noticed that while displaying the unit id in the top line, the bottom line shows "1" Which is what I have set for P25 Group Set (P25 Group Set: P25 CONV/ Group Name: 1 / Group ID: 1) Would it be possible to set these per channel so I can tell at least what channel it is?
Example:
Group Name: Channel 1/ Group ID: 1 - For Channel 1
Group Name: Channel 2/ Group ID: 1 - For Channel 2

Yes. I always scan displaying channel name.
Check your personal e-mail. I just sent you a PDF on another issue.
Send me the personality file, and I will tweak it for you...

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I have changed the LCD Display to the Channel option, But I am still getting the Unit ID showing up when ever they transmit.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry, I see where I messed up. Yes, I am still seeing the Unit ID, which is fine. However, I have changed the LCD Display to the Channel option, but the P25 group name is still showing up instead of the channel.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Might be a corrupt personality file.

Did you read the radio, edit the file, and program it back in?

I usually don't. I usually just edit the file, save it and write it to the radio.

TDR-94

Find a Harris dealer that will sell RPM to you and prepare to spend several hundred dollars. RPM2 is all you will be able to purchase. No trunking systems can be programmed without AAC from a system administrator.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
that's the price I was afraid of. I don't know that spending that much when I already have programmer is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.