• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

p7300 program cable from rfguys

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiotech33

Has anybody purchased a P7300 program cable from the rfguys and if so did it work...? I purchased 1 and it wont initialize the radio but will go into program on the radio.Sent it back go a new 1 same thing...any ideas ?Using RPM and a dell 610 laptop. cable has the db9 connector and using the serial port com 1

overtheair

Same problem on my 7100. But it's not the cable. If I let the computer boot up and log in then let everything load up in the background, then plug the cable into the computer. The radio will init fine most of the time.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
There are places where you should engage in cost savings, and those where you should buy the genuine article and not somebody else's knockoff copy of it.

A genuine Harris programming cable is really not that expensive.

Get it from New London Technologies and be done with it.

It'll work. If your radio is good, that is.

The 7100s are notorious for having issues with their programming/accessory connector. Look for a case crack at the speaker-mic locking lug. If there's a crack there, the connection between the main board and the programming connector is probably poor or not working at all. That crack indicates (1) a broken front cover, and (2) a loss of holding pressure on the zebra strip connector between the front cover internal contacts and the display PC board front contacts.

radiotech33

You are right genuine is the best way to go ..I have a borrowed cable for the p7300 radio..its genuine and it works wonderful...I was trying to figure out why the rfguys cable wouldn't work .Or if anybody else had the same issue I was haveing

overtheair

Yeah my cable was from rfguys as well. It tookk several weeks before I got it. I did not find out about new London till after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.