• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P25 phase 2 harris system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearthis50

Can anyone here tell me what is happening when a radio registers to system....I understand a little but was just wondering does harris system look for serials and not just correct sysid and nac and lic? I'm sorry if this not valid question I'm new to this and I know how all thos harris stuff is secret squirrel.

Fearthis50

no one cares to input what im getting at is my scanner picks up system but cant program a radio to act like scanner dont get it?

The scanner does nothing more than decode the control channel and does what a radio does - track talk groups. A RADIO "affiliates" with the system meaning that there is a user ID that is authorized to receive specific talk groups. If the controller sees your ID and it is not on the list to be on the system, it is flagged and sent to the system administrator to see what is going on. Best case senario is your radio will be bricked. Worst case senario is your radio will be bricked.

That being said, there ARE ways to get around it. Using certain Harris software in your radio can allow the radio to be a scanner and not affiliate with the system.

Make sense?

Fearthis50

thanks bruce i get that....im just not familar with harris p25 phase ....except i know i have valid id and system info set to not login radio hears nothing....set the register it will not ......i know personality is right cause its cloned from working radio with exception of id i know the system does not have lla. so i just dont know why my radio wont open up....gotta be something else to make a harris radio hear the phase 2

overtheair

Check with the dB to make sure everything is correct with the system in question. Other than that without seeing the code plug your radio could be severally out of alignment

Fearthis50

I need someone that knows harris phase 2 systems well to tell me it cant be done seems to me that if your radio isn't put into system and registers then audio wont unmute ....however a Motorola radio works just fine

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I need someone that knows harris phase 2 systems well to tell me it cant be done seems to me that if your radio isn't put into system and registers then audio wont unmute ....however a Motorola radio works just fine

Maybe your radio isn't P2 capable? Or you have some parameter set wrong in the programming?

I know those two responses really don't help, but without knowing the exact radio (and what options/FW/etc it has) and without having access to your radio programming file no one can really help you.

But receiving P2 is no different than receiving P1 (assuming the radio is capable).

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I can try Monday when I go to work to see if I can receive audio on a RX only talkgroup. I'm a System Admin for a large Harris P25 Phase II system on the East Coast.

Are you listening to a multi-site system? Are you certain that other radios are affiliated to the tower that you are trying to listen through? If they are not affiliated to the same tower that you are monitoring, then you will not hear any traffic on your radio until it affiliates and creates the demand for that traffic on that tower.

Fearthis50

Yes multi site ...yes there are on the same tower....since your a admin I know my system doesnt have lla but what else is the system looking for to register besides nac sys Id and unit Id ....doesnt make sense to me. Example given if you had a radio go bad on your system ....and had a new one in box could you just dump the personality from bad radio into good one and presto would work fine without changing anything in system computer

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
We always remove the radio from the cryptonet and the UAS and then enter in the new radio from scratch. The serial number is tied to the radio ID in the system, but I'm not 100% sure if that plays a role in you not hearing traffic.

Fearthis50

Thank you that's the answer I was looking for .....then so yes on a harris radio on harris system the p25 phase audio will not unmute unless it registers with system and matches info....so really it's like lla but built into system....has to be the case ...motorola radios must be different cause it doesnt have to register to unmute weird stuff but must be the way it is

Fearthis50

If there is anyone else out there using harris radio non login register affiliate whatever you want to call it to listen to p2 system and it work please explain to me how if you know

overtheair

Thank you that's the answer I was looking for .....then so yes on a harris radio on harris system the p25 phase audio will not unmute unless it registers with system and matches info....so really it's like lla but built into system....has to be the case ...motorola radios must be different cause it doesnt have to register to unmute weird stuff but must be the way it is

Harris radios will unmute if they are programmed properly.

Fearthis50

Does anyone here know what settings in rpm need to be to program a p7300 for monitor only of p2 system ?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
On all your talkgroups, uncheck Transmit. In your system setup set Auto Registration to Never. Obviously you'll also need a working copy of RPM and an appropriate programming cable.

Fearthis50

Forts ....all this has been done radio per FCC menu locked on site -89 db and talk group selected but no audio and doesnt even so lid or data of tx unit on talk group

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
1st guess..... the settings in your IDEN table are wrong.
2nd guess.... the system NAC setting is wrong

Fearthis50

Well heres what I did read personality from working radio...changing the setting to non register then programmed new radio . And that's where I'm at doesnt here nothing.....first Ijust simply cloned radio but apparently the system knows it's a cloned radio and will not register

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Does the new radio have the P2 feature enabled?

Wait.... I see you already have another thread on this topic. No reason to be discussing it in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.