• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tmx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Hello,
Im wondering if anyone is able to program a GE Ericsson TMX 8825.
I dont want to spend almost 100 bucks on a cable i'll use once.. maybe twice. Sooooo posting in hopes someone would be kind to program it for me.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
What are the chances that you can provide a pic of the programming port for the TMX?

I'm asking because I THINK I have an original GE programming cable for the TMX and I've never ever had any use for it. If I have the definite correct cable for you I'll give you an awesome deal on it. Probably less than you plan to spend on getting the radio programmed.

But as I've never SEEN a TMX, photos to verify the cable connector at least would be VERY helpful.

Elroy

Muxlow

Super Secret
Best picture i can get for now untill i find my nikon cord to hook up to the comp and get a really good picture.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 678

Muxlow

Super Secret
Anyone els has a cheep ribless cable? Or are able to program it for me?
I can provide the per file for it

jparks29

John McClane
tq3315.gif

mls2mvsprog.gif

Muxlow

Super Secret
Thats not a RIBLESS
Now if that was a diagram on how to make a ribless then woo!
...Anyone know of one?

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
Couldnt PM back. Your inbox is full

Does it have a DB25 or a DB15 connector at 1 end?
If its DB15 then its a ribless and id take it. If its a DB25 then i need a rib box witch i dont have

Muxlow

Super Secret
What ver of programmer do i need to programm a TMX?
Ver 10 dont have anything for it.. Unless its named something els

Muxlow

Super Secret
Hey parks... Could i pay you to make one of them for me?:)
Also.. Can this radio do edacs?
Iv got 1 edacs mrk and wainint ganother so i can put these on our local edacs system. Just want to make sure the TMX8825 can do that. If not ill need to find a portable radio.. a mrk. scan or system dont matter to work on a 800mhz system

mikepdx

GE TMX-8825 is a 25W 800 MHz GE MARC (NOT EDACS)
Trunking Radio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GE_Marc_V

It is also capable of 800 MHz conventional.

GE MARC trunking is obsolete, but these people still run their own network:
http://www.mountainfolks.net/
http://www.mountainfolks.net/usedtmx.htm

BTW: It's pronounced GEE-MARK - I used a GE MARC system many moons ago.
A TMX with DTMF Mic as an interconnect (telephone). Semi-duplex. Pre cell phone days.
Press * for dial tone. Press # to hang up.
Also had a dispatch talkgroup (we never called it anything but a channel).
Trunking site (tower) had to be manually selected depending on your location.

Smooth, clear and loud analog higher-power FM radio telephone thru a mobile speaker.
Beats the hell out of the bubbly digital audio and drop outs of current low powered cell phones.

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
Hmm.. Good to have more info on that radio
Kinda sucks it's not able to do edacs.
My MPA, MRK2 and 2 orions are all 403-440 edacs.. But no place around here has 400mhz edacs systems. Just 1 800
Would the local macom place be able to set up a 400mhz edacs system cheep.. Or would they have to add a lot of stuff to make one?

flecom

mikepdx said:
GE TMX-8825 is a 25W 800 MHz GE MARC (NOT EDACS)
Trunking Radio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GE_Marc_V

It is also capable of 800 MHz conventional.

GE MARC trunking is obsolete, but these people still run their own network:
http://www.mountainfolks.net/
http://www.mountainfolks.net/usedtmx.htm

BTW: It's pronounced GEE-MARK - I used a GE MARC system many moons ago.
A TMX with DTMF Mic as an interconnect (telephone). Semi-duplex. Pre cell phone days.
Press * for dial tone. Press # to hang up.
Also had a dispatch talkgroup (we never called it anything but a channel).
Trunking site (tower) had to be manually selected depending on your location.

Smooth, clear and loud analog higher-power FM radio telephone thru a mobile speaker.
Beats the hell out of the bubbly digital audio and drop outs of current low powered cell phones.

wow thats neat to see that someone still uses GE MARC... on the bright side i bet they get equipment dirt cheap lol

Status
Not open for further replies.