Motorola MOTOTRBO SL300 vs. Hytera PD 365

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes_tornado

I was debating on which radio system to go with. Both are relatively the save price. Just kidding. The Motorola is always more expensive. Anyways, I just want an opinion on what I should get. I will be using these for all types of vacations, travel, and camping/hiking. So I am leaning towards the UHF. But I still want to know which radio I should get. The Hytera is bulkier, but it has way more features than the Motorola SL300. Although the Hytera has more features, the Motorola SL300 is slimmer and discreet.

Reply below, I just want people's opinion.

RayAir

If you're just using them for hiking or vacations I would suggest the Motorola DTR series radios.

License free
900MHz digital FHSS

If you want a DMR radio, both Motorola and Hytera are quality radios, but you'll need CPS and a programming cable. Then, what frequency are you licensed for? If you don't have an FCC license you'll be operating illegally.

Not that I care what you do, just throwing it out there.

jakes_tornado

Yeah, I will probably buy a license for a few frequencies. But a good alternative is the Motorola DTR 659. I was just wondering because I found some new hytera PD365 for about USD $140 including shipping.

RayAir

I never used the model you're wanting to buy but I have some PD782's and I'm very happy with them.

CPS is easy to get.

jakes_tornado

Yeah, Hytera is a really reliable company. Very good products as well. When I first saw their radios, they weren't very attractive. But now that I have gotten used to the antenna being in the middle.

RayAir

Yep.
I really like the 782:
Full FPP
Pseudo Trunk setting (useful for monitoring DMR systems)
Loud audio

RayAir

I just looked up the 365. That would be a nice little radio for traveling. Plus it doesn't look like a regular 2-way which can be nice and is the reason I carry my SL7550 when I travel.
It is more covert and people won't ask you "Do you work here?"

jakes_tornado

So true. One of the reasons why I like the 365. It looks like a phone, and the audio is absolutely amazing. For a small unit, it can get much louder than my iPhone 6s.

Status
Not open for further replies.