Honolulu County

Status
Not open for further replies.

cboy808

The Sentinel master DB is pretty good. I am however wondering if I truly need all the other sites for the Honolulu County, Ive been listening for a little while now and it seems I only pick up stuff on the Metro Simulcast site.

can I remove the other sites? it seems to slow down scanning but Im not sure if I need them

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 9.52.56 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 9.52.56 AM.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 204

BC_Scan

the answers will vary amongst this, what I would do is first verify which control channel the scanner will hear ie :search manually and listen for the control channel listed, if you hear the machine gun type sound for the freq listed in blue or red you are good, if none of the others show up, or you can hear than your scanner is only hearing the one tower due to your location , I would program them as seperate sites as they are all over the place and if the scanner is stationary you can only receive based on your location.
Make sense ? Yes the other ones you cannot hear slow the scanner down in the sense that it is looking for an active control channel, so you potentially miss a conversation.
Further many site the control channels have not been IDed at this point, maybe something you could do to help us all out for when we visit !

newbh

The Sentinel master DB is pretty good. I am however wondering if I truly need all the other sites for the Honolulu County, Ive been listening for a little while now and it seems I only pick up stuff on the Metro Simulcast site.

can I remove the other sites? it seems to slow down scanning but Im not sure if I need them

I have a favorites list that is scanning just the metro sites. As was stated, some of the talkgroup IDs may not have been added to the database. If that's true, it may explain why it seems like I'm not hearing much from some of the districts.

cboy808

I have a favorites list that is scanning just the metro sites. As was stated, some of the talkgroup IDs may not have been added to the database. If that's true, it may explain why it seems like I'm not hearing much from some of the districts.

ahh this makes sense, Im mainly listening to D2 but its kinda of quiet sometimes.

How do you find more talk groups? I have no idea what I'm doing but can follow directions haha

newbh

ahh this makes sense, Im mainly listening to D2 but its kinda of quiet sometimes.

How do you find more talk groups? I have no idea what I'm doing but can follow directions haha

I have this one favorites list that at times will show traffic from unknown talkgroups. When that happens, I save the TGID to rename later. Other than that, I don't know of another database or site to look at for more TGIDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.