SWL Tuning/Station Software for Alinco DX-r8t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1CJN

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for software that interfaces with my Alinco DX-r8t that can detect the frequency and band I'm tuned to and display broadcast stations. And also display what stations are currently broadcasting and tune my rig to the chosen station's frequency and band.

Is the such software for Windows? Seems there was a Shortwave Log suite that's now gone...

Thanks!

majoco

Stirrer
'JB's Station List' which uses the EiBi data works well with my Winradios, but I don't know anything about your Alinco. It needs a proper USB control, not just I/Q outputs, to enable reading and controlling externally. It would appear from here...

DJ-G7

...that the KG-SDR software works, but does it control? I don't know.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I read on one of the Yahoo forums that Carl N4PY would devote some time to writing software for this radio, if the interest is there. He already has a number of radios for which he has software; here's his website...

N4PY Software - Home

And it would be better if it could use the NASWA master list, rather than the EiBi software, as an input

Mike

majoco

Stirrer
I use the "JB's Station List" as it will automatically display from and control to my Winradio. It is really designed for European BC band dxing and the data for that is regularly updated from them, including all sorts of wierd things like 'carrier offsets'. This of course is useless to me.

If you download the EiBi data it only displays Frequency, Station Name and ITU country if the time is right for the station to be transmitting - providing you have your computer time set to UTC - just what I want - I usually have it reduced to just Frequency and Station Name. It will also accept the HFCC and Aoki lists but not simultaneously. I have sussed out how the data is stored, so that now I have the NZ BC band, AUS and NZ NDB's, MWARA, RDARA, Volmet and other lists at my fingertips.

I have the NASWA sheet running in the background that I can bring up with a single click if I need to delve more deeply but it is more cumbersome in that it doesn't track/control the receiver. If JB's List accepted the NASWA list I think it may become bogged down - I like the KISS approach!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.