Q's about were to get things for Grundig G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfflunki

Hi I only have one Radio a grundig g2 I Am looking for a replacement battery and am at a loss.. I also need to know if there are any two pin head interchanable head power ac adaptors, as I have a old Radio shack two pin USB head. the ac adaptor should be 5volts but 4.5should work I've looked on Amazon and can't find anything.

Thank you
73 dan

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Boombox

You charge a G2 using the USB port. Get a USB cable with the big flat connector on one end and a smaller connector that fits the G2's USB interface jack. Then get a standard 5 volt cell phone charger -- any one will work. That's how you charge a G2.

It takes about 4-6 hours. YOu just plug the cable into the charger and the other end into the radio. The radio is 'smart' enough to figure out you're trying to charge the radio. You'll see a huge 'charging' icon on the radio's LCD readout.

You can get batteries online. It's a special flat battery, costs about $9 or so online. You have to look at the battery that came with the radio and you'll see a code on it. That's what you look for online. There are online stores that sell all kinds of batteries.

Did you fry the battery somehow? Why do you need a new battery?

If it's just not charging, maybe you didn't use the USB port or the right charger.

hfflunki

No just want an extra battery mine doesn't last that long as far as charging I was thinking of using a regulated variable power supply to power it when battery is charging I can't get anything when it's plugged into a usb block

Boombox

No just want an extra battery mine doesn't last that long as far as charging I was thinking of using a regulated variable power supply to power it when battery is charging I can't get anything when it's plugged into a usb block

My battery lasts weeks on my G2. So should yours, if it's a new G2 -- AND if you use headphones. Are you sure you are charging it to full charge? The indicator on the G2 should show four bars when it's done charging (usually after about 4-6 hours of charging).

I don't bother trying to listen to mine when it's charging. Too much noise from the supply. I listen on another radio when my G2 is charging.

Anyway, look at the code number on the battery, and do an internet search. The batteries are out there. I found two vendors that sold them.

hfflunki

Well I got a shielded ac adaptor and A lead on a new battery made by LG so things are looking up I also converterted my dads old kindle into my communications scrapbook some propagation apps some logging andreopen office a shortwave sked app grid square app picodx and doom and quake 1 along with irc most all free oh of course a scanner app

hfflunki

Well the adaptor didn't work out but hey worth a shot as far as battery go frankly since all I want a radio for is mwdx I'm planing on getting a single conversation rescue analog or kaito wrx analog they will give me decent shortwave and good am with my loop and the g2 I really don't think I can find a battery I did a few searches came up null

hfflunki

Change of plans found a battery and found out if you take the battery out you get no to little interference with a 4.5v a.c. Adaptor and USB tip but make sure it's fixed voltAge that's important

Boombox

Well I just put mine on the charger every week or so and just use headphones, so I avoid all the hassle that way, but whatever works for you -- that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.