Alinco DriveR8 Control Program for Alinco DX-R8/SR8/SR9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scan125

I've just release V2.0.0.0 of DriveR8.

This new release now supports almost all of Alinco DX-SR8 and Alinco DX-SR9 TRANSCEIVER transmitter functions and controls.

Link in my signature below.

Scan125

I've just released V2.1.0.0 of DriveR8.

This new release:

Add - Display Band Information on Virtual Display for VFOA and VFOB operation
Add - VFO Scratch Pad Function
Add - Scheduled Memory Tuning and Recording

Scan125

I've just released V2.2.0.0 of DriveR8.

This new release:

New Function/Enhancements
-------------------------
Add - Remove Registration Function / Requirement
Add - Current time field (as in current program time setting) to Scheduled Tuning Form
Add - Light green colour background to currently set LCL or GMT/UTC clock
Add - IQ mode supported test - Alinco model data not reliable
Add - Menu Comments item link to website form

Bug Fixes
---------
Fix - Scheduled Tuning Form current program time setting label text only changes on form load
Fix - Restore from Sheduled Tuning and VFOB not working - VFOA coded twice
Fix - CBEU channel 38 frequency incorrectly coded as 37 and not 38
Fix - On Memory Forms only send data to receiver if data values have actually changed - Stops PASS mode being entered
Fix - IQ mode function error due to "rogue" model firmware support

Scan125

I've just released V2.2.0.0 of DriveR8.

This new release:

New Function/Enhancements
-------------------------
Add - Remove Registration Function / Requirement
Add - Current time field (as in current program time setting) to Scheduled Tuning Form
Add - Light green colour background to currently set LCL or GMT/UTC clock
Add - IQ mode supported test - Alinco model data not reliable
Add - Menu Comments item link to website form

Bug Fixes
---------
Fix - Scheduled Tuning Form current program time setting label text only changes on form load
Fix - Restore from Sheduled Tuning and VFOB not working - VFOA coded twice
Fix - CBEU channel 38 frequency incorrectly coded as 37 and not 38
Fix - On Memory Forms only send data to receiver if data values have actually changed - Stops PASS mode being entered
Fix - IQ mode function error due to "rogue" model firmware support

Scan125

Excellent, keep up the great work, it is appreciated!

My pleasure.

I wanted to do a new release some time ago but there were issues with DX-SR9 hardware which basically broke DriveR8. Thankfully an SR9 user came to my rescue and we worked through several trial iterations to iron out the problems.

As any / all independent software developers we require and need feedback (good, bad, ugly, etc) to try and deliver the best we can. Sadly when issues do occur many do not take the time/effort to feedback/contact the developer. Had they paid for the software they would be the first to seek refunds. Oddly as they paid nothing they do not care or otherwise realise and appreciate that independent software developers deeply care for our creations and are 100% committed to our software.

Scan125

I've just released V2.4.0.0 of DriveR8.

NEW in V2.4.0.0

Add - New Audio Recording system using BASS and BASS.NET sound library functions (BASS.DLL)
Add - DX-SR9 firmware message if not V1.06 or greater (SDR supported)
Add - Windows Version Information
Add - .NET 4.5 now required (by BASS)

Fixes in V2.4.0.0

Fix - Only audio noise is recorded on Windows 10 systems

Please see DriveR8 Control Program for details.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
My pleasure.

I wanted to do a new release some time ago but there were issues with DX-SR9 hardware which basically broke DriveR8. Thankfully an SR9 user came to my rescue and we worked through several trial iterations to iron out the problems.

As any / all independent software developers we require and need feedback (good, bad, ugly, etc) to try and deliver the best we can. Sadly when issues do occur many do not take the time/effort to feedback/contact the developer. Had they paid for the software they would be the first to seek refunds. Oddly as they paid nothing they do not care or otherwise realise and appreciate that independent software developers deeply care for our creations and are 100% committed to our software.

Hi Nick!

Sorry I haven't given any feedback. Back in December when I first posted in this thread I was recovering from my second open heart surgery although I didn't own an SR9 or a BC125T I was fully intending on buying both. With all that's been going on since and having to put a new roof on my home, and buying a new vehicle, plans changed a little bit. I still plan on buy both. But I still appreciate all your work on the great software you're providing.

I'm really surprised there is not more interaction with owners of these radios, especially the BC125T as it's very popular here on RR. Unfortunately when someone provides free software there seems to be a tendency to grab it and run. It seems when people have to pay for software they're more interested in monitoring their investment and interacting with the developer by offering feedback for improvements, debugging or just saying thanks! I think some have no idea the amount of time and work that goes into developing software. Without people like yourself or hobby would be a lot less enjoyable, flexible and powerful!

Once again, thank you!

Bill

Scan125

Hi Bill

I hope you are/have recovered well from your surgeries. FYI I lost my sight in my right eye back in May 2017 due to a detached retina and six surgeries later they have given up for risk of killing off the eye. I've not given up. So I know, like many others do, how these little/large issues can upset all the best well planned objectives.

I understand you views on free software and lack of interaction. It is only when people take the time and effort to feedback that progress is made. A case in point is that until I updated to Windows 10 this year I was unaware that the sound recording functions of Scan125 and DriveR8 did not work on Windows 10 and only recorded noise. Nobody told me. Well this is now fixed :giggle:. If not then I'm 1000% sure someone will let me know :unsure:.

As you know my software, time and effort go to support the DEBRA charity. My little "give back" is with time and effort. I am very thankful for those who have donated to DEBRA or a charity of their choice. They know who they are but as all donations are anonymous to me all I can say is Thank You and beg others to chip in.

For those that use DriveR8 there will be more to come with respect to the support of the SR8 and SR9 transceivers. I don't posses either of these models so have a technical information request out with Alinco. If I get a reply then I will be able to push forward with expanding the decoding of memory data such a Xmit Power, CTCSS, etc. If not I will be reaching out to those with SR8/SR9 rigs (if they are interested) to do some tests for me. Will be their gain!

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.