Tecsun PL880

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy725

Hello.
Just like to know if there is someone out there that can help me to program my PL880.
On the point of giving up.. and sticking it up on Ebay.

I really like this radio but to me its unprogrammable by a mere mortal.

Cheers

Billy725

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If no one answers here, there is a pretty active 880 Yahoo group where you're more likely to find answers...Mike

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hello.
Just like to know if there is someone out there that can help me to program my PL880.
On the point of giving up.. and sticking it up on Ebay.

I really like this radio but to me its unprogrammable by a mere mortal.

Cheers

Billy725

Welcome to Radio Reference!

When you say 'program', it really does require programming like a scanner does. Basically you can store stations to memory. It's not complicated, maybe just a little overwhelming if you're not used to it.

Maybe this will help:

Tecsun PL-880 Operation Manual

https://swling.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Tecsun-pl880-Manual.pdf

reelfoot2017

Well at first it can be confusing.
After you learn to store some freq's into memory it starts to become a little easier.
I have not had to program much except setting the date and time ect.then save some freq's into memory.

Just pick 1 function in the manual at a time and when u get used to that move on to another then before you know it you no longer have any problems,hopefully. Just don't give up.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Just wait until you guys get old! :confused:

All my life I used to dive right into all the new leading edge technology as soon it became available. I owned my first computer in 1980. Bought a cell phone when it came in a big bag, put out 3-watts and cost a fortune! On and on.

Now I'm 68, had open heart surgery, and other health problems, it's getting more and more difficult to keep up with. But I like to keep challenging myself in hopes it will keep my mind sharp. Don't ask me how that's working for me! :lol:

Boombox

Don't give up, man. I keep reading about the 880 being a great radio. I had trouble understanding my smart phone. It's a great phone but not all of the functions are exactly laid out logically. :-( Some 'programmable' items aren't exactly user friendly, no matter what technological aptitude you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.