Major estate sale score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenmarbles

Premium Subscriber
Let’s see if anyone can top this one.

This wasn’t recently, but my very nice Sony ICF-2010 was acquired from an estate sale for $20....

This weekend I acquired a MINT Panasonic RF-B45 in its nice leather case for $10!

Anyone else have some nice finds?

I love this because most estate sale facilitators just see these things as like regular AM/FM radios and often have no idea that they’re $150+ radios in the appropriate market.

pjxii

Let’s see if anyone can top this one.

This wasn’t recently, but my very nice Sony ICF-2010 was acquired from an estate sale for $20....

This weekend I acquired a MINT Panasonic RF-B45 in its nice leather case for $10!

Anyone else have some nice finds?

I love this because most estate sale facilitators just see these things as like regular AM/FM radios and often have no idea that they’re $150+ radios in the appropriate market.

Nice!
Never got anything like that. Closest I had was kind of the opposite, when I sold a couple of radios on eBay for over twice what I paid for them: an AOR AR3030 for $1100+ and a Panny DR29 for $800+ (bidding wars are great when you're the seller).

ridgescan

In 1988 I bought my Hallicrafters SX-88 for $40 at an estate sale here in San Francisco. The sellers thought it didn't work but it did-was switched in standby mode. Even I didn't know of its importance and rarity 'till I got my first computer in 2007 and looked it up.

6079smithw

Yard Sale Gems...

About 6 yrs. ago I bought a box of "walkie-talkies" at a yard sale in Reno. 4 Midland FRS handhelds and a Kenwood TH-F6a Tri-band with wall charger for $25.00. Worked like new, too. Haven't been that lucky since then...

Status
Not open for further replies.