shortwave.ch

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjxii

Martin Boesch changed his website recently. Apparently he's making it Wiki-style, but it's still in the works. I spent many hours on that website, one of the top resources for older HF receivers, and using Google's itools to translate, there were many more highly in-depth reviews in German than the basic overviews in English. I hope those will still be available.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I tried looking for this and got a not found. What is the correct URL for this site? Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Odd way to resolve the link, but thanks Tom. Yeah it looks like he's chopped down his content a lot.

Mike

w2xq

Mentor
Talk about another strange way to resolve a web link. The link above resolves to a link on qrzcq.com -- www.shortwaveradio.ch - english language -- and it makes me wonder what is going on. Just for grins, I checked the .com domain -- shortwaveradio.com -- and found a page with a copyright last updated in 2007. Many links are broken. Pet peeve number 89: old information is worse than no information. Sigh.

GB46

start [shortwaveradio.ch]

Popped right up when searching by "Martin Boesch shortwave"...

Don't understand his navigation though...
That makes two of us. I can read German fluently, and used to translate German documents for a living. Nevertheless, trying to navigate that site is like getting a gift box that contains a smaller gift box with an even smaller gift box inside, etc., ad infinitum. :confused:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Ditto on the old information. It also appears that he isn't very fluent when it comes to RTTY reception, either - he mentions a couple of modes, but doesn't even appear to realize that hams (and others) use a lot of different ones...best to ignore this site...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.