Kiwa Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjxii

The only things that seems to be available at Kiwa is high low and bandpass filters. The linked website address for performance upgrades (and presumably filter modules) comes up as "couldn't find the server." Anyone have any luck finding the Upgrades page?

ridgescan

I tried that link too and came up with the same rejection. I guess call their phone # tomorrow and ask if they still do the audio/receiver upgrade thing.

nanZor

Kiwa electronics was the first company that showed me just how terrible audio is on many higher-class receivers back in the day.

It was so frustrating knowing that back then (and even today), that the FIRST most important sense we have when using receivers / transceivers is our ears. While not searching for high-fidelity, it is quite important, but alas I think some engineers assume that since we have band noise underneath, you can just throw in crap audio circuits and call it a day. Not everyone, but there is room for improvement!

The simple use of metal-film resistors not only in the audio chain, but also in the dc rails is quite important. Along with matching bi-polar capacitors etc etc.

Sure enough, mass market costs have to be kept down, but once you hear a rig with just these simple measures installed, there is quite a difference - if not immediately, you'll thank yourself for the long-term listening ability.

Not so easy to do the swap today with teeny surface mount components unfortunately.

ipfd320

Banned
This site can’t be reached
kiwaelectronics.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

as of 03:29

k9wkj

both https://kiwaelectronics.com/
and
https://kiwa-electronics.com/
resolve perfectly fine here

but something is askew
i am not a very bright bulb, so somebody explain this
XiBvYRb.png

all fine
but this has me wondering
WNFesvf.png

majoco

Stirrer
That's fine - two different web sites. A human would see the "-" and ignore it as part of an address, but computers don't have that degree of discretion - it's either right or it's wrong.

pjxii

That's fine - two different web sites. A human would see the "-" and ignore it as part of an address, but computers don't have that degree of discretion - it's either right or it's wrong.

I'm not getting the second webpage at all, just the one with the lowpass filters. Really strange that some people get to it and others don't.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hmm...I'm using Chrome, and the receiver mod site doesn't work...same deal with Microsoft Edge (with no addons) Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.