Tecsun S-8800 e special edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Had a couple of questions on this model. It's the Tecsun S-8800 with expanded range. I am not sure I could even get one if I wanted to in the US. Are there any European's (or anybody) that could chime in on this model? If so how does it do on the VLF expanded range?

I will leave a link to a review , if this is against forum rules, please delete.

TECSUN S-8800E SSB DSP With VLF 20kHz exclusive Wellenjagd Edition

Anyway just looking for anyones opinions , and if there were any U.S. sellers? It really looks like any interesting radio.

KM4OBL

Authorized Personnel
The reviews of the S-8800 seem very good, so far. However, I've not yet found a US seller of the S-8800. Some buyers in the US and Europe seem to like and trust the customer service rep at anon-co but I have not bought anything from them yet. I have noted that the price there has dropped a little bit from the initial introduction of the radio. I'm still waiting to see if there will be a US seller, or if the price drops enough for me to take a chance with anon-co.

w2xq

Mentor
Unless I missing something, the "e" version (expanded coverage on LW and filling the gap atop the MW band) was only sold by the German vendor and that website is missing. Otherwise, Anon-co seems to be the only source of the radio.

Given the other "toys" in your tagline, do you really need another portable? :)

w2xq

Mentor
Yes, Mike, you can have too many radios. Had more than a few on the table over the years -- see the PDF on my bio page -- especially when I began writing magazine articles in 1966, later developed the dBASE software controlling JRC, Kenwood and Lowe receivers and operated my Pinelands RBBS. And the "bad habit" continued during the years I wrote receiver reviews for Radio Netherlands' Media Network. And all that was in addition to my regular employment, buying a house, etcetera and so forth. Giddyup. :)

Haley

Unless I missing something, the "e" version (expanded coverage on LW and filling the gap atop the MW band) was only sold by the German vendor and that website is missing. Otherwise, Anon-co seems to be the only source of the radio.

Given the other "toys" in your tagline, do you really need another portable? :)

Well know, I don't need one, but of course-----can you ever really have too many? I really just need to get a table top one at some point honestly. I had just never really heard of this version. The German vendor was all I could find also. Mike

w2xq

Mentor
Well know, I don't need one, but of course-----can you ever really have too many? I really just need to get a table top one at some point honestly.

A tabletop with a decent outdoor antenna would play very nicely. Or get your amateur radio license to justify an appropriate transceiver with continuous coverage... :)

Haley

A tabletop with a decent outdoor antenna would play very nicely. Or get your amateur radio license to justify an appropriate transceiver with continuous coverage... :)

Believe it or not, I don't even have all my radios in my tagline. I have looked at a few table top models over the years, just never seem to get around to getting one. Mostly ICOM models. Someday, I will get one-----and then I will posting lot's of questions in the other forums! Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.