Grundig Satellit 750 manual now online

Status
Not open for further replies.

w5cyc

Having read the manual, I see the whole DSP thing was a myth. Between that myth and the absence of AM SYNC, don't reckon this is a rig I'm interested in.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a E1 today over at Frys for $229... Seemed like a good deal. Thought about waiting on this one...But I am so new at this and feel a bit overwhelmed and thought it was a decent radio for the price. Hope I was right.

w5cyc

If you got an E-1 for $229, you got a much better radio than the 750, and at less than the 750s retail price. Of course, you have to hope you got a good one that doesn't need to be repaired. My first E-1 had to go to Drake once for repair, and when it broke again, Eton replaced it. The second one has already been to Drake once as well, but since it came back, it's worked great.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
w5cyc said:
If you got an E-1 for $229, you got a much better radio than the 750, and at less than the 750s retail price. Of course, you have to hope you got a good one that doesn't need to be repaired. My first E-1 had to go to Drake once for repair, and when it broke again, Eton replaced it. The second one has already been to Drake once as well, but since it came back, it's worked great.

Yeah.. I thought it was well worth a try...I can always return it I suppose if it proves to be a lemon in the first 30days.. They had 3 E1XM's in stock. Marked $229 down from $299. I got the highest Serial # I could find.. #73xx

Last edited:

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
w5cyc said:
Having read the manual, I see the whole DSP thing was a myth. Between that myth and the absence of AM SYNC, don't reckon this is a rig I'm interested in.

Okay so its an E5 with big knobs and big speakers then:roll:

figures though.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If it performs well, then it would fill a badly-needed niche between the high end portables like the E1 and the desktops such as the R75, Drakes, ect. Right now, that end of the market is terribly thin. And let's face it, most folks really don't know how and when to use sync - or DSP filtering, for that matter - properly anyway - why put something in that might confuse a newcomer?

For a starter radio, it's not bad. Let's wait for the reviews, particularly when Passport puts it through the cruncher, and see what develops. My concerns would be having the same QC issues with displays, ect., going out or developing lines like the E1 has had.

73 Mike

plls

Premium Subscriber
andrewccm said:
They had 3 E1XM's in stock. Marked $229 down from $299. I got the highest Serial # I could find.. #73xx

$299.00? How's that work? Up here in the Great White North the cheapest you'll find an E1XM is for around $450 at either Durham Radio or Radioworld. Regular price is $500.

A $200 price variance is criminal when the US dollar and CDN dollar are damn near equal.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
plls said:
$299.00? How's that work? Up here in the Great White North the cheapest you'll find an E1XM is for around $450 at either Durham Radio or Radioworld. Regular price is $500.

A $200 price variance is criminal when the US dollar and CDN dollar are damn near equal.

Yep. I probably should go buy a few and sell em huh? LOL

So far, so good with mine. Just got the AN-LP1 in yesterday and it seems to help. I am just using the clip to antenna adapter for right now. I ordered some adapters the same day from Universal Radio as I did the AN-LP1 from Japan... The antenna came in 3 days quicker. UR took their time shipping apparently. :evil:

Anyway, they show to be arriving on June 3rd now... so we'll see if running it into the 50ohm external port works any differently.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
plls said:

Size of economy:cool:

The spot price of a currency is a good, but not entirely accurate way to compre the costs of goods sold in one country to the next. Currencies are moving targets. Although Canada's $ is doing good, and America's $ is doing poor, they are not comparable 1:1 in terms of true value of money. (Think of it this way, they $C may be worth more than the $US, but what foreign gov is buying up $C?)

Gasoline would be a good example of this effect if you strip away all the taxation-effects of the consumed product.

SCPD

QRT
Productools toolbar that comes with manuals download contains a virus and cannot be uninstalled. Beware!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.