broadcast shortwave mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
I would like to know the mode in which Broadcast shortwave signals are transmitted in, beceause I have the Eton/Grundig mini 300PE( http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card/?p_ProductDbId=6289 ). This is basic shortwave receiver but the "41meter" band fully encompasses the 40 meter amateur band, so essentialy my questio0n is will I be able to receive ham radio signals on this radio.

elk2370bruce

SW broadcasts are in the AM mode. If you wish to monitor the 40 meter amateur band, transmissions are normally in lower sideband. If your receiver does not have a ssb position on the mode switch, you can always use the cw (code) mode and adjust the beat frequency oscillator. If your receiver does not handle either sw or ssb, modes, all you will hear id "Donald Duck", a distorted, unreadable voice signal.

k9rzz

There are hams that love that old tube equipment from the 50's and 60's that ran AM. 7290khz is a place where they can be heard. There are 75 meter frequencies as well, 3885? try Google. Some of those guys go to great lengths and cost to produce broadcast quality audio from their gear.

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
Thanks for all the responses, I figured it would be AM just wanted to make sure thanks for the frequency I will try and listen for some of those "boat anchor broadcasters"

Status
Not open for further replies.