HF Wiki pages are available

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Here are a few pages from our Wikipedia section that contain a great deal of information on the subject of HF Radio. We also have some MW (AM Band) links here, for those that like to chase stations in that part of the band. These pages contain links for everything from antennas, receivers, Yahoo groups, clubs and much more.
No additional registration is required to view these pages; however, if you'd like to add something - and we hope you do - you must register first (you will see a 'Create An account' in the upper right hand corner of the page). This registration is seperate from your regular RR registration, and is free. Once you register we encourage you to read the Quick Editing guide, so you have an idea of the Wiki language and how to use it.

What is HF?

Loop Antennas

HF Antennas

SWL Broadcast (aka SWBC) Wiki page

Utility (aka Ute) Monitoring Wiki page

Software-Amateur Transceiver section

Note that several ham software packages as listed above also work with several receivers.

73s Mike

[edit] These links are 3+ years old - check message 11 of this thread for more up to date links

Last edited:

nexus

I added a new section to this wiki for Online HF receivers. Several really good websites out there with radios you can tune and listen to HF without having one at your location. Its perfect for those people who don't have HF or want to know more about how HF works.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Some nice selections there, Nexus - we have several more defined here

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Live_Tunable_Receivers

I'd like to keep such links centralized to prevent fragmenting them across pages;Please migrate your links to this page, and simply link in the HF wiki to it like this...

[[Live Tunable Receivers]]

DX Tuners is a very well known website - many top DXers use it; I know of at least one with the initials gh.... 73s and thanx for contributing...Mike

nexus

alright I edited my addition. I didn't even know anything about the "live tunable receivers" heh. I felt it was important to have something on the HF wiki page at least.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanx Nexus, muchly appreciated. You're quite right, an addition like that to the HF page is a good one 73s Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A point for all - if you report something as an unidentified signal, please be sure to put the time (preferably in UT) and the freq (in Khz, please). This way other interested parties can check for the signal themselves, or more likely, in the case of a utility station (which can be there one day but not the next...), check reference materials (such as the Klingenfuss lists, ect.) for a possible hit.

Thanks to all 73s Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Just a FYI....
With the new 3.0 implementation, editing the wiki no longer needs a seperate login. If you have a link you think is useful, don't be shy about adding it!

73s Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.