Who is jamming 9955?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC1

I was going around the dial and came up with what appears (to me) as a deliberate jamming signal on 9955.

Occasionally I could hear another station, but this other one seems to be upset with them for some reason.

I think I heard the same jamming signal a few days ago and do believe it was the same frequency.

A quick search turned up nothing. Any ideas? It going on right now.

NC1

Maybe Cuba jamming Radio Miami International?

I don't know for sure, but it is making it's way into NC just fine. This seems to be a recent issue because I do not recall this type of jamming in a very long time - not that it doesn't exist, but I have only noticed this one maybe because the jamming is so strong here.

Possibly others will have answers today since it is a weekend. I am curious to find out where it is coming from, and why.

kb3ouk

Premium Subscriber
Take a listen to any of Radio Marti's frequencies (6030, 7365, 7435, 13605, etc.) and see if it sounds identical to what you're hearing on 9955, I know Marti gets jammed all the time by Cuba, I have heard the same jamming signal on 6030 jamming 9955, which is why I say to compare the two and see if its the same, seems to occur the most when there are Spanish language programs on 9955 that are specifically directed at a Cuban audience. There's also been a few Spanish language religious broadcasts that I have heard in the past being jammed the same way.

TomServo

I'm 99% sure it's Cuba jamming WRMI. 9955 carries a lot of programming in Spanish like Viva Miami and something in one of those shows probably ticked off the Castro boys. Besides Martí, they also jam the broadcasts of Radio Republica via Issoudon in France.

Status
Not open for further replies.