Easter weekend NDBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA8ZTZ

Some early morning NDB DX odd for this time of year. Other than some Saturday T-storms over IA, Sunday and especially Friday were very quiet with no T-storms across the U.S.

The action was everywhere from 415 CBC Cayman Brac CYM to 208 YSK Sanikiluaq NU and 5B Summerside PEI to 368 ZP Sandspit BC. Heard 290 QR Regina SK, a new one for me. 344 BKU Baker MT had a nice signal in here. Florida was the state most heard with 257 SQT Melbourne, 326 PKZ Pensacola, 332 FIS Key West, and 344 JA Jacksonville. Logged about 140 different beacons overall.

The NDB listening season is winding down. Has anyone else have some late season NDB DX to report?

pjxii

Nice work! I figured NDB season was over since the last few times I tried had lots of storm crashes. Need to keep an eye on the lighting maps...

ridgescan

Missed your thread here as we were out in Rocklin staying at our son's home over Easter. Yeah it seems I bought that LPF filter just in time for LW falling off. Still hearing a lot of NDBs out of BC but getting weaker in general.

WA8ZTZ

Nice work! I figured NDB season was over since the last few times I tried had lots of storm crashes. Need to keep an eye on the lighting maps...

WX has been winter-like here with temps running 10-20 degrees below normal since the beginning of March. Anyway, the longwave season seems to be lasting longer this year with surprisingly good band conditions for this late in the NDB season.

WA8ZTZ

Missed your thread here as we were out in Rocklin staying at our son's home over Easter. Yeah it seems I bought that LPF filter just in time for LW falling off. Still hearing a lot of NDBs out of BC but getting weaker in general.

Got one of those LPFs myself to use with the RSP1 SDR. The AM broadcast band goes flat on the spectrum display when the filter is switched in so it does work as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.