Prime Time Shortwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Announced today:

Hello shortwave listeners.

I was hoping not to do this but Prime Time Shortwave will cease to exist October 27. The new schedule season starts on October 28 and there would be too much inaccurate information at that time.

I did the Prime Time Shortwave database from 1998-2007 and Ernest Riley did the database 2007-2018. It's been a wonderful 20 years for the website.

I haven't heard from Ernest Riley since May and have received no replies to my emails. I very much appreciate the work that Ernest Riley did on updating the schedules.

There is quite a bit of research involved to create the schedules. I don't have the time to go back to working on it myself. In my request to have someone take it over there was one inquiry, but I can understand when someone doesn't want to take it over due to the work involved. If someone has the interest to work on the schedules the decision could be reversed.

The Prime Time Shortwave email list will continue as long as there is an interest in keeping the email list active.

Daniel Sampson
Prime Time Shortwave

--
Prime Time Shortwave
Prime Time Shortwave - Your guide for English shortwave broadcasts

mbott

Premium Subscriber
it's a shame that it's going away

It is. Back in early September, Dan asked for assistance to keep it going. Evidently he was unable to find the right person to assist with the putting together of the PTSW schedules hence the reason for it shut down.

Another resource lost.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.