What are the HF bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helvis

Premium Subscriber
I am interested in SW radio. I have a Grundig SW I bought at RS. I do get lost on those bands but it’s fun to explore them.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
helvis, I moved your post to another forum. Please don't hijack another thread as it's considered a big no-no here

Your future cooperation is appreciated

Mike

majoco

Stirrer
If you need even more info, I found this file in the bottomless pit of my computer...... :)

Attachments

• LF, MF, HF Bands.txt
    19 KB · Views: 59

Boombox

I am interested in SW radio. I have a Grundig SW I bought at RS. I do get lost on those bands but it’s fun to explore them.

Which Grundig SW radio is it? Some Grundigs have the SW broadcast bands programmed into them. You hit a couple buttons and it switches you to a band. I have a Grundig that will toggle up from one SW Broadcast band to another.

For a new person to SW, the SW broadcast bands are like several MW/AM bands placed in different areas of the SW spectrum. If you look at it that way, it's a little easier to understand. They used to almost be as crowded as the MW / AM band is at night. But over the years, a bit less so...

Happy hunting.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Here's an HF Band Plan I've used for many years. The original is in an Excel spreadsheet if you, or someone else, prefers that.

Attachments

• HF Band Plan.pdf
    331.6 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.