CB CHAT ROOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEBEAR

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND A CHAT ROOM ON CB RADIOS? IF NOT CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT TYPE OF ANTENNA I CAN USE IN MY APARTMENT WITH A MOBILE CB RADIO?

KC4ZEX

You can use a magnet mobile ant sitting on a couple pieces of tin foil on a table. Probably about your best results would be to get a Dipole adapter from Transel electronics, Iron horse, or a couple other places get two mobile antennas with 3/8-24 threads screw them into the adapter mount it vertically at a window an run a short coax to your radio.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi y'all good buddies,

Frankly I wouldn't use a CB inside an apartment at all. Even low power (hope you're legal on the 40 channels) can wreak havoc with the signal blasting right across those poorly made electronic toys in the building. Hams have problems like that, CBers are no exception so your best bet is going mobile even if it has two wheels like my first CB mobile. BTW, I was once nearly run down by another CBer in his Cadillac, he's now the president of our local ham radio club and it's a standing joke among the members.

Tuggboat

You can get a really cheap antenna tuner for CB at a truck stop. then just hang a random length of wire out the window and tune it right wires practically invisible to the negibors but do tune it or it will splatter. Same goes for ground need to ground it or it'll splatter even though tuned

I always wanted one of those mfj indoor antenna. too expensive though. http://www.norad.dk/mfj/antennas/mfj1780.htm

Concrete1

Use any of the "No Ground Needed" CB antennas that are for sale.
These are usually designed for Fiberglass Boats, FiberGlass Truck doors ect.. , & come with various types of mounts.

Tuggboat

I haven't had good luck with the no ground antenna. It had great reception and perfect swr but I swear the one I had only transmitted from the coil. I had no range at all. I could hardly get across a parking lot. It would be the perfect setup for an apartment if you could find one that worked though.

Actually they use the length of straight antenna as a reflected ground so it actually does have a ground just not one that you have to connect to anything.

I ran a ungrounded longwire once on 40 meters. It was my first antenna:) Every TV in the neighborhood was flashin. I found out when my dad came up to congratulate me on my first morse contact. He had read every word from the Tv flashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.