MFJ-1020C question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
With a proviso - you will want to keep the gain way down to avoid overloading the radio. You would need to make a cable with a 3.5mm plug for the Grundig, and likely a PL-259 on the other side of the cable.

It's an awfully expensive solution, though. A small amplified loop such as the Kaito and a few others would be a much more effective solution. Not nearly that expensive, either. Our loop antennas wiki has a link for the Kaito - go to the top blue toolbar, click on 'wiki', go to 'Forum Specific Topics' then 'antennas' - you will find a link that says 'loops'. There's also a link to a review of the Degen vs. the venerable Sony ANLP1 a bit further down the page

Loops have an advantage in that they are less sensitive to local noise sources than a wire or vertical. It's something to consider if you are restricted to indoor antennas. Of course,if you like to build something, I highly recommend the Carpet Loop. Very simple construction and a great place to start for a newcomer - and you'll learn a little about loops in the process (a definite win-win situation if ever I saw one....).

73s Mike

Last edited:

Mikejo

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering about this unit, it says it handles all amature bands. I'm wondering if this includes VHF ? (I'd like to monitor railroad frequencies and need a little help with my antenna).

Mikejo

Premium Subscriber
Yep, just went to that website looked at the owners manual and determined that… Next time it's read the manual first then ask the question!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
And with that we can close this 11 year old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.