RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Hytera Forum

Hytera Forum - Discussion forum for Hytera radio equipment. Questions concerning their use on amateur radio networks and frequencies belong in the Digital Voice for Amateur Radio forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2017, 6:44 AM

Exclamation Hytera PD362 Reception Problem

I just received my Hytera PD362 and it seems like a great little DMR HT Transceiver. The only issue I'm having with it is the reception on digital is dropping every 1-2 secs despite my MD380 maintain constant reception from my openspot. I've adjusted the squelch settings but they don't seem to make a difference. I can't seem to figure this one out.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated,
73s
John / KC3JCS
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2017, 4:28 PM

The fixed negative gain antenna on that radio isn't going to help you.

That radio is designed for on site communication or for use if you're close to a repeater.
Old 03-05-2017, 7:11 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Exclamation

I used to own several PD362 radios and they worked great. I eventually sold them because I very quickly outgrew them and they have no ENC capability. I've owned some PD782G radios and recently replaced them with PD982 radios. I found the PD362 received every bit as good as my PD782G radios did for the most part.

Could the DMR transmitter that you're trying to listen to is slightly out of alignment? I've run into this when trying to listen to some P25 stuff on a P25 commercial radio. The "real" P25 radio wouldn't decode yet my P25 capable RadioShack scanner always decoded perfectly fine. The P25 transmitter in question has since been replaced and the problem went away.

The squelch adjustment in the Hytera CPS has no effect on digital operation. The squelch adjustment only applies to analog operation. On analog I recall the factory default setting is 3 on a scale of 0 (open) to 9 (tight). For analog operation I found the default of 3 to be a bit tight for my tastes and a setting of 1 (min) works best. I use a squelch setting of 1 on all of my Hytera radios including an RD982U-1 repeater on the 440 ham band.

Good luck.
GMRS [ZA] = KAE9013 (12/1992)

Last edited by n1das; 03-05-2017 at 7:18 PM..
Old 03-14-2017, 1:55 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

We had a pair of VHF portables right from the dealer, one had a UHF antenna, worth checking.
milf CAN'T hear me, I've got private line
Old 03-15-2017, 1:50 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedway_navigator View Post
We had a pair of VHF portables right from the dealer, one had a UHF antenna, worth checking.
The PD362 is UHF only and has a built-in non-removable antenna.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
GMRS [ZA] = KAE9013 (12/1992)
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2017, 10:16 AM

I have a few of the hytera PD362 radios. Make sure it has latest firmware and software upgrades. I find my new PD362 radios hold the boston DMR machine better. Granted they do perform better when close to the repeater. Vertex Standard EVXS-24 radios are good too.
Old 03-31-2017, 7:56 PM

I use some PD365 w/o an Repeater and the work quite good.
Old 04-13-2017, 6:59 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Angry Pd365/362 dropout in dmr mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauerjc View Post
I just received my Hytera PD362 and it seems like a great little DMR HT Transceiver. The only issue I'm having with it is the reception on digital is dropping every 1-2 secs despite my MD380 maintain constant reception from my openspot. I've adjusted the squelch settings but they don't seem to make a difference. I can't seem to figure this one out.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated,
73s
John / KC3JCS
Hey John, I have a PD365 400-440Mhz with upgraded firmware to PD362. I have the same problem and don't
see any CPS software settings that would fix the problem. Nothing to do with the antenna. I run mine with an DV4mini so there is more than enough signal. I've adjusted dongle power up and down with no improvement. Network conditions have a greater effect. When my MD380 would billy goat the same signal would cause the Hytera to drop. I believe it is a firmware decoder issue. Hytera failed to respond to me when I told them i'm in the USA. kc9qle also at gmail.

Tags
hytera, pd362, problem, reception