• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera PD36X -> New Firmware with new Functions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Sry I am in hurry there is a new Firmware for the PD36X (and maybe for other to) who have a lot of funition build in like a free Analogue Audio Scrambler and for € or $ Encryption and Trunking on Digi.
I can recommend to update the Radio to get this functions.

MSS-Dave

There is version 2.05.05.001 available. Requires radio to be updated to at least 1.06.01.001 first. New CPS as well at 2.05.02.001. Have no idea what the latest update adds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

MSS-Dave

here you get the older version (for the European): https://www.hamdigitaal.nl/hytera-firmware/
It will be at least Monday.

There is version 2.05.05.001 available. Requires radio to be updated to at least 1.06.01.001 first. New CPS as well at 2.05.02.001. Have no idea what the latest update adds.

Forgot to add this is for the USA market.

Your_account

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The 2.x.x Firmware is what i heard for the new cpu model and the 1.x.x Firmware for the old one.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I updated my radio today and don't really see anything popping out at me for new features. Encryption is available as a paid feature (on DMR at least) and is grayed out in my radio.

I'd love to see just a little better control over tones... I'd love to be able to have the PTT tone, but not the call end tone (that gets annoying real fast). Compatibility with MotoTRBO enhanced privacy would be great, but I don't expect to see that in this tier of radio.

to2way

Premium Subscriber
Don't you see a UI branch in the CPS? The 78x and 98x units have this where you can control all the beeps and burps

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
There is, yes... but it doesn't allow you to control the tones individually. Either all on or all off.

Status
Not open for further replies.