RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Hytera Forum

Hytera Forum - Discussion forum for Hytera radio equipment. Questions concerning their use on amateur radio networks and frequencies belong in the Digital Voice for Amateur Radio forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2017, 2:27 PM

Default RD982 digital programming issue

I purchased a RD982 UHF from the estate of a local ham. It was programmed and the duplexer tuned but still remained in the original box and not yet put on the air. They could not find any paperwork, software or cables. I purchased a programming cable and got CPS version 8.05.06.008NA2. When I read the programming I only see a single analog channel. There is no digital channel programmed and I cannot find how to add a digital channel in the CPS. I can add analog channels and change the one that is already there. I can read and write to the repeater fine. What do i need to do or what am I doing wrong? I need a digital channel.

Last edited by CR9; 11-18-2017 at 3:59 PM.. Reason: Typo
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2017, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR9 View Post
I purchased a RD982 UHF from the estate of a local ham. It was programmed and the duplexer tuned but still remained in the original box and not yet put on the air. They could not find any paperwork, software or cables. I purchased a programming cable and got CPS version 8.05.06.008NA2. When I read the programming I only see a single analog channel. There is no digital channel programmed and I cannot find how to add a digital channel in the CPS. I can add analog channels and change the one that is already there. I can read and write to the repeater fine. What do i need to do or what am I doing wrong? I need a digital channel.
Hook up the repeater via your programming cable. Go to the Common tab then Feature Control. Click on the Feature Check button. Look at top of box in the Repeater Mode Control Conventional box. If it says Analog Only, repeater does not have Digital Option. That can be added by a license purchased from a Hytera dealer.

Dealer price is $468.00. List would be at least 30% higher.

If the Digital option was installed, you would see Analog, Digital and Mixed Channel under the Conventional > Channels tab.

Last edited by MSS-Dave; 11-19-2017 at 8:15 PM..

Tags
dmr, rd982