• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hytera/Motorola Oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hoping someone can help me with this as I've run out of ideas.... First some background. My department uses 2 main channels (VHF) for calls in our municipality, one in the low 150's and the 2nd in the low 170s. Both channels use a PL of 250.3. On both my PD782 and MD782 the first channel works just fine, however on the 2nd channel I only hear dispatch. If any other radio transmits... nothing. I see via the signal strength indicator etc that there is activity on the channel, but no audio comes thru. If I change that channel to CSQ, then it works. I know the PL on that channel is correct as I've confirmed it with my dept assigned portable, not to mention all my other radios work just fine, so it seems to just be a Hytera thing.... All our department gear is Motorola, from older CDM mobiles to XPR7550 portables.

Has anyone else come across something like this? I'm completely baffled at this point as to what could be happening. I was considering maybe some sort of alignment issue with my radio, but the fact that a 2nd Hytera radio does the same thing sort of rules that out. Even more confusing is why dispatch comes thru ok, but nothing else. I've also confirmed with a scanner that when dispatch is transmitting that I'm seeing the same PL (250.3).

Been scratching my head over this one for a while now!

timkilbride

Database Admin
I have some GE Orion's that will not decode 151.4 from a specific repeater. Other radio's (Motorola and Kenwood) would decode just fine. I never did get the issue resolved but determined the PL modulation was probably too low for what the GE Orion was looking for.

Tim

kenjicam

Check to see if your Hytera Radios are tuned and aligned properly. Sometimes when a radio goes off frequency enough it may not reliable open squelch on a PL'd frequency.

Are you on a repeater?
If so does dispatch go through a control station or direct link for TX?

I have not seen a case where a repeater would have lower CTCSS deviation from repeated audio than a wireline input but that sounds like what's happening.

Do you have talk around on the repeater freq? Can a mobile or portable talk simplex to your Hytera?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Honestly I'm not sure how dispatch is tied in for TX... I had considered the fact that a radio might be out of alignment, but it seems really odd to me that I'd have 2 radios doing the same thing.

At this point I might just give up on the Hytera route and go Moto, however I've been spoiled by the convenience of Hyteras bluetooth mic (and yes I know Moto has one too, but it doesn't have an LCD display.)

timkilbride

Database Admin
See how much PL deviation it takes to open the receiver on your personal radio. The following might not be possible, but then check the TX PL deviation on the dispatch radio and field radio's.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.