• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New purchase MD782G.....questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrmass

So I bought a new (used) Hytera last month.
It's running firmware: A3.05.10.001 (yea, I know it's old....)

CPS version: v8.05.06.08.002na
I finally got around to programming it, and I'm seeing the big light blinking green, but not hearing anyone. Well, sometimes I do, but most of the time, not.
Netwatch confirms some's talking on said talkgroup. I have RX groups programmed in the CPS
I put up a question on facebook. The answer was I need to click the box marked "Rx group including Tx contact" but it does not exist in my CPS.

so
This is my question(s)
1 If I get the new CPS, will it work with the radio as is?
Because
2 I tried to upgrade the FW but it said "The firmware version is beyond the upgradeable firmware v A3.05.10.001:" or something close to that.
3 Will I lose wideband? I have it now....
Oh, and where is the older firmware downloadable from? I cant find it anywhere!
Soooo, what do I do?
I will take guidance/suggestions.....

MSS-Dave

So I bought a new (used) Hytera last month.
It's running firmware: A3.05.10.001 (yea, I know it's old....)

CPS version: v8.05.06.08.002na
I finally got around to programming it, and I'm seeing the big light blinking green, but not hearing anyone. Well, sometimes I do, but most of the time, not.
Netwatch confirms some's talking on said talkgroup. I have RX groups programmed in the CPS
I put up a question on facebook. The answer was I need to click the box marked "Rx group including Tx contact" but it does not exist in my CPS.

so
This is my question(s)
1 If I get the new CPS, will it work with the radio as is?
Because
2 I tried to upgrade the FW but it said "The firmware version is beyond the upgradeable firmware v A3.05.10.001:" or something close to that.
3 Will I lose wideband? I have it now....
Oh, and where is the older firmware downloadable from? I cant find it anywhere!
Soooo, what do I do?
I will take guidance/suggestions.....

I'll try to help. Yes, your F/W is old but should work on conventional DMR fine. I am using 8.05.06.008 and can program radios with V 5.xx OK. Since you see the busy light blink on activity but still dont decode audio, I'm going with a programming issue with your talkgroup.

What version off Firmware did you try to upgrade to? If you tried to go directly to 8.xx, that won't work. It will have to be stepped at least 2 times as you have to have 7.00 first to go above that.

Not sure if you will lose wideband if firmware is updated from that old version. I did on some of my stuff so I'm asking Hytera about that. Firmware isn't available publicly AFAIK.

"RX group including TX contact" in in newer firmware, probably at least 6.x. even if using 8.05 CPS.

Check this.... make sure your TX contact info is correct. Make sure your RX group has the TX contact in it. THEN, make sure in your Digital Channel you have the right RX group list selected. Assign that to the zone and see if that works.

ctrmass

Well, I dedicated 4-5 hours to this today.
I'm now on FW version....A8.05.07.004
And I can now run CPS Version V8.05.05.008NA2 . I'm in my happy place.:D
Thanks for taking the time to reply Dave.

Hytera should keep these older FW updates somewhere accessible.
Here is a dropbox with some old files.
I asked the owner, he had no problem with me sharing.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Hytera MD782 Programming Software and Cable Driver

MSS-Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.