RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Hytera Forum

Hytera Forum - Discussion forum for Hytera radio equipment. Questions concerning their use on amateur radio networks and frequencies belong in the Digital Voice for Amateur Radio forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2018, 3:20 PM

Default Hytera MD-652 Question

How do i get this mobile to turn off and on whenever i turn my vehicle off and on? I know this sounds lazy but i do get tired of turning this radio on and off everytime i get in and out of the vehicle. I know i would have to wire the radio into a 12 volt hot wire that would be controlled by the ignition but once the radio recieves power i would still have to press the power button to get the radio to turn on. Any suggeswtions would be greatful, thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2018, 12:41 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

does this help?

https://tacticalrf.com/files/MD612/M...Manua_R1.0.pdf
you must be really bored to be reading this far down
Old 03-10-2018, 3:39 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferguson1121 View Post
How do i get this mobile to turn off and on whenever i turn my vehicle off and on? I know this sounds lazy but i do get tired of turning this radio on and off everytime i get in and out of the vehicle. I know i would have to wire the radio into a 12 volt hot wire that would be controlled by the ignition but once the radio recieves power i would still have to press the power button to get the radio to turn on. Any suggeswtions would be greatful, thanks!
The main power wire for the radio needs to be ran to a 12 volt constant power source. You then need to run an ignition sense wire off of the accessory connector on the back of the radio to your ignition controlled power source. If my memory serves correct I believe pin 26 is ignition sense.

Tags
dmr radio, hytera, mobile, power, question