RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Hytera Forum

Hytera Forum - Discussion forum for Hytera radio equipment. Questions concerning their use on amateur radio networks and frequencies belong in the Digital Voice for Amateur Radio forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2018, 9:55 PM

Default TC-780 2 Tone Paging

I am trying to program several HYT TC-780 radios. I was told by the dealer that I purchased the radios from that the radios are capable of having a 2 tone pager that is closed (will not broadcast audio until a call is received) however I have not been able to find out how to program this. Any suggestions?
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2018, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John31 View Post
I am trying to program several HYT TC-780 radios. I was told by the dealer that I purchased the radios from that the radios are capable of having a 2 tone pager that is closed (will not broadcast audio until a call is received) however I have not been able to find out how to program this. Any suggestions?
The only paging i was able to setup was two tone page sending..... i haven't figured out how to have it act as a pager yet. Ill look later and try tinkering and see if i can figure it out again
Old 06-05-2018, 9:52 PM

Okay, looking at the software, it looks like you have to enable it in the personality tab, signaling personality, and selected two tone for RX Optional Signaling. However, when you do that, it appears its only going to decode the two-tone rather than any HDC/MDC1200 signaling (if your using that).

Now for your muting, I think you need to use the Squelch personality tab, and for RX Squelch, instead of using CTCSS/CDCSS, make it "Optional Signaling" or "CTCSS/CTCSS and Optional Signaling". I haven't tried it because I really have no need for it, but it would seem logical for that to be the case.

Tags
2 tone, hyt, hytera, tc780, vhf