• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Add Microphone and PTT switch to 26pin connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

cue340

Hi Everyone
I would like to add a foot pedal and pedestal mic for a hand operated excavator.
I have a foot pedal and mic here, and have a pin out diagram of the 26pin connector in the back of the radio
It already has an external speaker which was quite intuitive to install. There is a + and – pin 9 and pin 18 for the speaker and then 6 and 13 is jumpers to activate the external speaker and de-activate the internal one. The external PTT and mic are not so obvious.

Firstly the foot pedal
Pin 16 is programmable output pin default PTT. I assume this will not need to be programmed by the USB cable as PTT is the default setting. What pin do I connect the other side of the pedal to, Pin21 Ground?

External mic
Pin 7 is external mic does the other side of the mic go to pin 17 audio ground?

Jumpers
Are there anymore jumpers I need to enable for these functions to work, I assume probably not as nothing needs to be de-activated internally.

Programming
Do I need to do any program changes by USB cable?

thanks for your time
cue340

Here is what I used to interface to a Raven voter.

RADIO FUNC RAVEN

2 GND
3 CD 7 COR
7 MIC 4 TX+
8 RX+ 1 RX+
16 PTT 3 M+
17 RX- 2 RX-
21 GND 5,6,8 TX- / PTT GND / COR GND

since you're on the wrong side of the equator you might have to invert the + and - leads....

Last edited:

cue340

I went ahead and connected
Pin 16 PTT and
Pin 21 ground
to the foot pedal, this works fine.

External mic I connected to
Pin 7 external mic and
Pin 17 audio ground
this did not work, apparently I need a resistor and at capacitor (As there is no bias voltage provided by the radio from pin 7, may need to install a resistor and a DC blocking capacitor.)

### I still dont know what type of resistor or cap or how they should be wired up.

Jumpers
looks like none needed

Programming
looks like none needed

thanks speedway_navigator for your reply. I am using most of the pins you mentioned except
Pin 2 a ground which is possibly the same as Pin 21
and
Pin 3 which is programmable, I am using standard features so I wouldn't expect to need to program anything
Oh and Thanks for the tip on inverting + and -, but down under we just hook the positive of the battery straight to the body :)

fair dinkum, mate

see the schematic. I think I found 8.5 k ohms between 7 and 8.

Attachments

• mobile to mobile cable.jpg
    mobile to mobile cable.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.