• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PD 782g firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorslv

Hello to all,
New guy here, I bought a hytera pd782g, my question is what, if any , benefits would my radio receive if i updated the firmware? Currently the radio is using; Firmware ver. A7.06.06.000, ( same dsp version )radio data ver is D7.06.02.003, bootloader 01.07.004 . Thx DorSlv

dazey77

A couple of things to try:

If you have the firmware files, read the release notes. Includes a change log but there often seems to be lots not listed.

If you run the new cps for the newest firmware, open an existing config file and upgrade it to the latest format (there is a menu item somewhere for this and will save it as a new file). Open the upgraded file (check in the info pages indicate a radio with new firmware) and search the file for new options. If any of the new options are useful to you, upgrade the firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dorslv

Thx for the reply, i do not have the firmware. I tried getting it from the hytera site but it did not let me download, said to login but i needed to create an account but it wouldn't let me so i contacted a local dealer and she downloaded a cps for me so i will ask her if she can get me the latest firmware and I'll read the change log to see what changes they made from mine. Just thought someone would know.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Current version is 8.6.something currently I believe... I've heard release 9 should be coming before too long....

N4KVE

My friend who works for the Hytera USA importer is still on FW, & CPS 6. He says for ham radio use, anything newer does nothing in his opinion. Of course, for business use, for trunking systems, he says that’s a big improvement.

dorslv

My friend who works for the Hytera USA importer is still on FW, & CPS 6. He says for ham radio use, anything newer does nothing in his opinion. Of course, for business use, for trunking systems, he says that’s a big improvement.
Thank you Sir,
That answered my question, I'll just use what i got. ( if it isn't broke...)
Dorian

k7plt

I have firmware A8.05.007 vs. A7.06.06.000 as mentioned earlier, the menu system seems more responsive and system bootup is quicker. A few menu features have been added also. I am currently running the v8.06.02.003 NA2 CPS too . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.