• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F30 Dealer mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

kj5kg

Premium Subscriber
Hi folks,

I was trying to enable the "dealer set mode" on my F30. I enabled the DEALER RESERVE function in the standard way, but when I wrote data to the radio, something went wrong. When I turn the radio on, the receive indicator is pegged at five bars and I cannot transmit. It seems to receive just fine.

Any thoughts.

Thanks,
Dave

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
I would guess you entered maker resereved and wrote to the radio you need to try to open a new programming menue enter something into it and write to it do not enter the maker resereved menue

kj5kg

Premium Subscriber
I tried that

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought that might have been the problem and I tried what you suggested. I even re-installed the software to make sure that it was not in maker reserve mode. No joy there.

Thanks,
Dave

kj5kg

Premium Subscriber
Fixed

So I managed to get my radio working again. It turns out that if you are in "DEALER RESERVED" mode that you have to suck all the settings into the software from your radio before you do anything. The default values in the software will probably not work with your radio and will brick it if you write them to it (as happened to me). The settings that the dealer reserved mode needs are also not downloaded from the radio when the software is in normal mode (you cannot restore from a file read or created in normal mode) -- i.e. read the radio as it is programmed after you have entered dealer reserved mode and make any changes to that file. There are warnings about this in the software. They use English words and everything. However, the words are arranged in a way that only someone in Japan would understand. I learned the hard way.

I was able to convert my radio shaped paper weight back into a radio by downloading another of the same model in dealer reserved mode and copying those settings to the file for the dead radio and uploading that to the radio. Everything seems to be in working order now.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.