• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM ic-f3061 scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

I have not done one of those, but on the F43 radio, you set the freqs in banks of 16. Then you have 10 scan lists that you can name. On one of the columns where the freqs are entered there is a column where you enter the number of the scan list where it will be scanned. The channel can be scanned in more than one list.

Then of course, you must program a front panel button for the scan function.

Bob

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
Do youhave a scan buttonset up?

Do you have channels in your scan list?

What do you have you scan times set to?

What is you squelch setting?

Do you have a 6.25 board installed.If you have a 6.25 board installed in the F3061 and have the radio model as digital you will not be able to scan it does not give scan as an option

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
Icom IC-F3061 scanning

Hello to all thank you for the help.

here is what I have so far:

No digital board! I have all channels programmed in and set to a list

I have 10 scan lists programmed

Squelch is set at 185

Now for the scan speeds? What should they be, as I have no idea!

I also set a channel as priority and thats not working either!

I programmed the buttons for scan a and pri a

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
Never Mind

Hi All

Just figured this out

You have to do the following to make any ICOM lmr radio scan:

1. Make sure you do all the programming in the channel and scan lists
2. Hold Down the Scan A Start/Stop button, you will now see a text tag of a scan list
3. Use the up/down buttons that you programmed to select the scan lists
4. Now once you select the list you want to hear ( THIS IS IMPORTANT) push the Scan button once, quickly! NOW HERE is where you need to push the Scan button once more and quickly, now you should be scanning!

Its that second button push that gets you every time

Enjoy

RADIOGUY2002

If its like the 3161 series which

If its like the 3161 series which should be the same,

You have to edit it in scan functions and in the memory channel file select the apporiate scan list. I used scan b assigned to a button. And then use the up and down keys to switch scan banks. Send me your email through pm and I'll send you a test batch file that I now works. Hopefully that will help.

I have yet to get ltr channels to scan right, thats still my work in progress.

N2DLX

Premium Subscriber
I have yet to get ltr channels to scan right, thats still my work in progress.

LTR scanning works fine for me, Ryan. If you want me to post my Scan List settings, let me know.

I haven't tried scanning LTR and conventional systems together though, but it *should* be possible.

Last edited:

RADIOGUY2002

behold my prolbem

I can get it to scan the id's, like a decoder if you will. However I can not get it to scan the programed banked ltr channels, much less the conventional with ltr for that matter.

Scanning conventional for me is easy. Send me the file, I drop you a pm. I kinda curious to compare side notes.

fdnybuff18

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone bring me through programing this radio for Selected Channel Priority?

Meaning the channel that the radio selector is on.

I have tried numerous setting with no luck

Thanks in advance.

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
Have you tried R Sel. If you have an email address I can email you the Scan setting that explains how each one works ect.Not the one included in the manual this is alot more detail

RADIOGUY2002

I Love

I love R. Select it's a beatiful thing when you need ch your on as a priority., while listening to everything else., plus reverting back to that channel when audio comes up. Scan times, very. But I found this to work the best so far.

Here's how you do it

Scan Type-Priority, Primary Channel-Start, Secondary Ch-Start, TX Ch-Start, Talk Back-Off it route it back to the home channel your on, tx action-cancel, cancel scan-tx ch, text-text

What is the af min level used for? And how do I minmize the tunnel audio effect other then mic gain.

fdnybuff18

Premium Subscriber
Alright the R-Sel sending worked for me for priority on selected channel!!

1 more question?

1. Every time I key up the radio, the radio comes out of scan. Setting to Fix that?

Thanks again guys...

fdnybuff18

SCPD

QRT
use the mode3 r.sel a setting for that scan list it has the function that it wont cancel the scan when the mic is keyed and when you key the mic i will talk on the selected channel in the rotary selector if you need send me the.icf file and i can set up the scanning for you. pm me for my email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.