• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Squelch Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

glock17

I've noticed that when I put the radio into scan mode the scanning will stop on channels at random, I keep turning up the squelch for the radio and have SQL tight checked for the channels. It seems like I have to make the squelch much higher if I make it a scanning radio instead of just monitoring one channel. Does anyone else have to do this as well?
The model is F121S
The squelch is set at 240 and the sql tight offset is 255 and the radio still gets hung up on channels where there is no traffic.

Last edited:

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
hmm I checked my CS-F100 file in Set Mode and mine is set at 75

I have noticed with another Icom, it would lock up on a channel in scan mode until I touched the monitor button briefly, and then it would resume scanning.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
SET MODE

Tone Burst NO

Reverse Burst Timer 0.300

RX AF Filter NORMAL

EXPERT MODE

User CTCSS freq 88.5 not sure why, it that the default?

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Some of my radios have "hysteresis" type squelch and they tend to have the same behavior.
I think this is common with radios that use H squelch.
N9ZAS

glock17

Some of my radios have "hysteresis" type squelch and they tend to have the same behavior.
I think this is common with radios that use H squelch.
N9ZAS

ah ha, that makes sense.
I'll have to do some testing to see what the impact of my higher squelch setting is.
Hopefully the h squelch will adjust

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Squalech on Icom F3021 VHF

In similar fashion to what has been described here. I've noticed than when I program freqs with CSQ squelch, the radio in scan mode will invariably stop on only the CSQ freqs. What settings should I adjust to stop this?

glock17

I have not found a solution to this yet either.
I think I'm going to have to start using tones on my channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.