• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom F510 TX Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartm34

Please help me with this.

I have an Icom f510, which after a forum strand on here I managed to get transmitting. I have today had to reprogram it updating the frequencies.

Now the radio will receive when on the correct channel, but pushing the PTT results in the radio returning to channel 1 (the priority A channel) and does not transmit. This happens even after opening a fresh programming file and loading that.

It's happened to me before and the answer was to turn off the EXO option, I can confirm this time that EXO is off but the error is still occuring.

stuartm34

I now know thanks to an email from Icom, that this is a problem with the firmware installed, I can't really afford to risk not having the radio operational again this week, any chance there is anyone on the forum that can advise me on how to update the firmware?

Netwisdom

Did you ever find out about upgrading the firmware?

I've got a very similar problem, my Icom IC-F510 receives just fine but as soon as I key the mic, it shifts back to bank1-ch1 (which I don't have set as either priority or emergency) and there is no TX output on the frequency.

However if I set the radio onto bank1-ch1 and then *double* click the PTT it transmits just fine with good power and audio reported.

Any help or ideas would be gratefully received.

robertas81

hi all, my problem is almost like yours. RX on ham frequency works fine,but if i trying puch PTT - not transmitting. I tryed use same russian people maked .icf file with their configuration - same effect,RX good, but cant TX... Btw what is EXO option?

Netwisdom

I believe its to do with controlling an external alarm.....

EXO/Horn— EXO : Selects the optional OPC-617 HORN terminal (pin 6) condition when receiving the matched 5-tone or Status call. An external buzzer, horn honk, etc., can be controlled with this setting.

ON : Goes to ground when receiving a matched 5-tone code.
OFF : No function.

Changing the setting made no difference to my radio :(

Netwisdom

I think I may have just figured it out.

I opened a totally new 2-TONE config, added a couple of simplex ham frequencies to some channels in bank 1 and had the same problem, RX fine but no TX at all.

I then changed the 2-TONE setting from OFF to 1 in the Bank/Channel config for each channel and resent the config to the radio and bingo TX now working.

Netwisdom

This is what I did to get TX working...

1. Set the radio model as LMR(2Tone)
2. Configure a channel in BANK1 with frequency, power etc etc
3. Under 2Tone heading (between Auto-Reset and Log columns) change it from OFF to 1

Status
Not open for further replies.