• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-6061D - digital voice issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constable08

Recently purchased a 6061d from ICOM for use in my position as a law enforcement officer. I programmed my counties frequencies into the radio last evening. After programming though, it does not appear that the radio is converting the radio traffic to digital voice? This radio does have the UT-126 digital board in it.

Our comm center frequencies are analog, and we do need to use MDC signalling. I read somewhere that if you designate the channel in the programming as digital it will not send out the mdc id. How do I get the digital voice to work. I have to be missing this somewhere in the software so any help would be greatly appreciated!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Not an ICOM person, but this radio appears to do iDAS as it's digital mode. Is that what you need? Or do you need P25?

I would get with the person that administers your radios to find out exactly what you actually need.

And no, MDC doesn't work with any "digital" mode.

12dbsinad

Does your dept use IDAS digital at all or are they strictly analog? If so you will need to set the radio to analog mode, then program the MDC parameters they use.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Let's just assume that this is the right kind of radio for your application.

The radio has to not just only have the UT-126 digital unit installed init, it also has to have the proper
firmware to run it as well.

If you don't load the DSP firmware, and also enable digital operation in the settings menu, it won't operate in digital mode.

Do you even have the DSP firmware in the radio? Here's how to find out.

Open the CS-F3160/F5060 software.
Connect the radio to the PC via the programming cable and turn the radio on.
On the top row of ICONS, click on the last one in the row, "clone info".
It will report the radio's firmware revisions.

A radio without the digital board enabled will only report the radio firmware version.
If it reports firmware revisiosn for both the main unit and the DSP unit, then you just have to configure the software correctly.

If there is no DSP firmware present, you will need to obtain the EX-2958E (or other revision) firmware file from Icom or....somebody.

Once you have it, just run it and follow the directions and it'll update your DSP firmware.

It's a good idea to update the main unit firmware and the DSP firmware at the same time, using the latest available revisions.

Icom SHOULD be able to provide these to you. Ask nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.