• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM IC-F110 is impossible to read the data from the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

IK2LHP

ICOM IC-F110 is impossible to read the data from the radio, reads information: model / version / firmware but does not read the data. probably the retailer has set a lock for reading, there is a solution? I need to save the file .icf
Thank you

Angelo

gesucks

have your contacted the dealer? If it is YOUR radio not they have to unlock it for you unless you asked them to lock it when you had them program it.

IK2LHP

thanks for reply Gesucks
the seller no longer has ended the activity, the radio (6) have been purchased and programmed by the dealer in 2010 no one was allowed to enter the block read, this is the situation, there is a way to bypass this block or we are obliged to reschedule? we are in possession of the software and the cable original icom purchased from the dealer. and our need to change the numbering of selective 5 tones ZVEI2.

Angelo

RAD909

I would suggest that if you cannot get in contact with the dealer who sold you the radios, you call ICOM tech support at (800) 253-1498 (in the US). I believe they can help you out.

wa1nic

Premium Subscriber
Another case for making sure that you get a guarantee that the radios are unlocked when you buy them.

When I buy on ebay, I make sure to ask that question. I had one person tell me that an ICOM F-3021 was not locked but it turned out that it was. That email chain got me my money back from Paypal.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
If you can get any information from the radio, then it may be set to read only.

In this case, just create a simple file and program the radio with it. A file NOT set to read only.

That should do it.

If the radio is password protected, it'll ask for a password on reading. Since you have not mentioned that it's asking for a password, then it is most likely set to read only which as I said, you can override by just reprogramming the radio with that feature turned off in your new file.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
It may just be set to inhibit reading out of the file. That doesn't mean you can't write a new file to the radio. Somewhere in the programming software, there is an option to set read inhibit. Make sure it's NOT set, program the radio with even a basic one channel file, and you should then be able to read it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.