• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM F50V Programming with Clone SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

sainfg

Hi, I just purchased the ICOM F50V, have the clone cable, and the 3.1.1 clone software. I am by no means a radio guru, have installed a few scanners. But for the life of me, I can figure out how to make this software work, nowhere online can I find out how to add frequencies, etc. The software is not very user friendly. I cant seem to import csv files, it will only open .icf files. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.I am a VFF, and have three counties of frequencies to put in. glennf88@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Glenn

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
To my knowledge there is no import feature. Only the gratification of inputting each channel in by hand. However you can copy and paste if you. So if you can get your hands on a F50 .ics file with some or all the frequencies then you can copy the ones you want into your file. You can also copy and paste within your own file from one zone to another if you are using the same channel in more than one zone.

Unfortunately I think the Icom software is about as user friendly as it gets in the programming world. I can't think of a manufacture that has a more simplistic and straight forward piece of programming or cloning software. Maybe Bendix King but definitely stay away from most of the Motorola products if the Icom software is challenging for you.

Cheers,

Brandon

sainfg

Sample ICF File

Thanks, I have not been able to find any template ICF files anywhere. If anyone has a F50V ICF file they have used int he past, I have the frequencies, I can add them in, just need the example.

Thanks....

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
You can and should read the radio and save the .ics file before making and programming adjustments. You can then start entering in your frequencies into the software and then write the radio. I don't know if someone else's F50 file is going to help you much.

Cheers,

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.